#48- Watch

Ethan's POV

I followed the shouting to another office, joining the crowd of Reds. The desks had all been pushed back, and in the centre of the Reds knelt JJ, Tobi and Harry. Vikk was laying on the floor between them, out cold. The Reds weren't really doing anything, just shouting. Resisting my urge to run in and help, I searched the edge of the crowd for Josh. He was stood in front of Tobi and the others, standing further back in the crowd so no one noticed how out of place he was. I shoved my way towards him, grabbing his sleeve and leaning in so we could talk.

'Simon?' Josh asked.

'Safe.'

'Thank fuck. Where?' He questioned.

'In an office, corridor B.' I said. Josh sighed in relief, then turned back to the scene in front of us. I made eye contact with Harry, who mouthed 'help' and nodded at Vikk. I nodded back just as someone- probably the leader of the Reds- walked over to him and began shouting in his weird ass language, grabbing Harry by his lapel and shaking him.

'Hey, hey, hey!' Tobi shouted, moving closer to Harry. 'Leave him alone, man.'

'What, are you defending him?' The stranger asked, shoving Harry aside and moving to Vikk. 'What about this one?' He asked, viscously kicking Vikk in the stomach. Vikk didn't even move. I stepped towards them, but Josh held me back.

'Motherfucker!' JJ yelled, launching himself at the Red. Tobi stood and stopped him, pushing him away.

'Chill, chill, let me handle this.' Tobi said. JJ shrugged Tobi's hands off of him but stepped back. Another Red waved his axe at them both, gesturing for them to go back to kneeling, which they did. Tobi turned back to the Red and Vikk. 'What's your name, asshole?' He asked. The roar that came as a reply deafened Tobi, and the rest of us. 'Alright then, I'll just call you Phil.' Tobi muttered. 'Look, Phil, can I just check on my friend?' He asked. Phil nodded reluctantly, and Tobi knelt beside Vikk, checking his pulse and giving JJ a thumbs up. He took off his jacket and balled it up under Vikk's head. It was about all he could do for him in that situation.

'Look, are we getting any help from...?' I asked Josh.

'Dude.' Josh said.

'Look, no offence, but he's kind of better in a fight.' I said.

'Are you kidding? We can't fight all these people!'

'Not as Josh you can't.' I replied, which earned me a punch. As I was about to complain, the door to our right opened, and in walked another group of Reds, dragging a bloodied Simon. They dumped him at Phil's feet, where he sat up with the help of JJ. His nose was bleeding, and he was holding his side. Probably a broken rib. I should never have left him there alone.

'Fuck.' Josh whispered next to me, and then Josh was gone. Joshua started to walk forward, but I blocked him, before quickly telling him what had happened.

'Why aren't you helping him?' Joshua asked, pointing at Simon, who was leaning heavily on JJ just to sit upright.

'If the Reds know who we are, we can't help him. We just have to watch.'