The mission

Katherine slowly made her way up to Dumbledore's office, she was a bit confused.

I didn't do anything wrong or bad... Or at least anything they can catch me for.

Katherine whispered the password and a stair case appeared leading to Dumbledore's office. She made her way up the stairs and opened the office doors.

" Hello miss Sloan" Dumbledore said from behind his desk. " I would like to discuss some very important matters with you. Please take a seat." He said pointing to a chair in front of him.

Katherine nodded and sat down.

Dumbledore began to speak. "So as you may know, Voldemort is back and he is recruiting an army. I have gotten word that this army is made up of some of the most powerful wizards out there." He said with a worried face.

" Yes I know, why are you telling me this sir?" Katherine asked.

" We feel as if we may not be able to stop him this time. I need you to go on a mission to stop Voldemort." He said with a serious expression.

She kept a calm exterior even though she was screaming on the inside. " How am I supposed to do that.... Sir?" Katherine asked feeling a bit nauseous.

Dumbledore stood up and walked over to a cabinet and took out a necklace with a hour glass in it. "With this, I want you to go back in time to 1944, when Voldemort was a student here at Hogwarts. Back then he was known by a different name, Tom Riddle. I wouldn't do this if it weren't necessary. You are a bright witch, a lot like Tom Riddle, if I remember correctly. I need you to guide him away from the dark arts, become his friend. The entire future of the wizarding world depends on you, do you accept this mission?" He finished and sat back down onto his desk.

Katherine sat there thinking. How would this look on her record? " Yes, it would be my pleasure." She replied. "But sir, will I still be in slytherin and will I be starting in my 7th year of Hogwarts?"

" Yes, all the arrangements have been made. You will be a transfer student."

" When do I leave?" Katherine asked.

Dumbledore stood up. "The sooner the better." He walked up to her and placed the necklace around her neck.

Katherine's vision went foggy and it felt as if she was spinning around in circles and before she knew it, she was in front of Dumbledore's office. She was about to whisper the password but realized that Dumbledore was not headmaster at the time, he was just a professor.

Katherine made her way down to the great hall in hopes of finding Dumbledore. When she opened the doors, she saw that the great hall was filled with people. Headmaster Dippet was giving a speech until he saw Katherine. He smiled and waved her over. She quickly made her was up to the headmaster, ignoring all the odd looks she was getting from people.

This is extremely awkward

"Students, I would like to introduce you to miss Katherine Sloan. She is a transfer student who will be starting her 7th year at Hogwarts in Slytherin. I hope that you give her a warm welcome!" He finished with a smile.

Katherine could feel all eyes on her so she kept her head down and slowly made her way to the slytherin table. The only sound that could be heard was her heels clicking against the floor. Katherine sat down next to a girl with black hair and the conversation in the room started.

"Hiiiii." Smiled the black haired girl sitting beside Katherine. "I'm Ophelia, we'll be sharing a room together."

Katherine lifted her head up and smiled. "Hello it's a pleasure to meet you." She replied.

"Is there something wrong with your eyes? They look like they are glowing." Ophelia said, looking at her weirdly.

Katherine laughed a bit. "No, there is nothing wrong with them. It's my natural colour, sick isn't it?"

Ophelia looked at her oddly "Sick?"

You idiotic girl! How could you be so stupid?!

" I mean amazing" Katherine corrected, mentally slapping her self in the face.

" You're weird" Ophelia said smiling. "We are going to be such great friends!" She squealed.

Greeaat

Dinner soon came to an end and Katherine was one of the last ones still in the great hall. She was getting up to leave when a familiar voice stopped her.

"Oh miss Sloan, you probably don't know where the Slytherin common rooms is!" Said a much younger looking Dumbledore. "Don't worry, Tom will show you." He said while walking towards a boy with black hair.

Tom as in Tom Riddle!

He turned around and his dark eyes examined Katherine almost as if he was judging her. " Katherine this is Tom, he is a Slytherin prefect, he will show you to the common room." Said Dumbledore and then walked away.

Alone with the soon to be dark lord, how wonderful

"A transfer student, how odd. We don't get them here, I believe you are the first." He said in a dull voice.

Play it cool

Katherine put on a smile. "There's a first for everything. "

"Follow me." Hee said, walking out the great hall doors. They walked down the hallways of Hogwarts. Most things seemed the same. The only things different were the people.

I bet malfoy's grand father is here or Pansy's grand mom. I wonder if they are the same, personality wise. Pansy's grand mom probably also has a pug face. I wonder if my trunk is here. Oh my god! Is my record clean?! All my volunteering hours!!

"Are you even listening?" Snapped a voice, interrupting Katherine from her thoughts.

" I'm sorry, what?" She turned and looked at Tom.

" I was explaining a couple things, giving you directions." He said in an irritated voice.

I already managed to piss him off, good job Katherine!

" I apologize, I'm just tired." She said in the most kindest innocent voice she could manage.

She looked up to meet Toms dark eyes staring at her. "What's your blood type?" He asked

A mudblood hater, something we have in common

Katherine smiled " Pureblood. "

He nodded in acceptance and continued to walk to the Slytherin common rooms. They walked up to a portrait of Salazar Slytherin. He whispered the password and the door portrait opened.

"The girls dormitories are over there. Don't expect me to help you find you're classes tomorrow." He said, and with that he left.

Ill have no problem at all

Katherine made her way up the stairs to the girls dormitory and into her dorm. She nearly screamed when se found Ophelia standing in the dark apparently waiting for her return.