chapter 30

I open my eyes, shiver as a cold draft seems to go over me. I look down, realize I now only have on white boy shorts. I cover my breast with my arms. Nipples hurting from the cold.

My body feels heavy, looking in the mirror, I have lost a lot of weight. Only giving me a glass of water and bread each day, is taking its toll. I am not a big eater anyway, but this is ridiculous.

Bruises still cover most of my body. Ranging from black to blue. To purple. A couple that are lighter like yellow. My eyes are blood shot, I look like I am dead. I have burn marks and open wounds, maybe a knife or a whip.

My eyebrows scrunch together, I don't remember a lot of them, I have been pretty out of it.

The door opens and only my eyes move to the movement. Chadum comes in. He smiles at me, his eyes travel down my exposed body. "Macy you look gorgoues." I watch him as he walks to me.

"Was Macy your mate?" My voice comes out hoarse. He looks at me in the eyes at my question, almost in shock.

Love, grief, sadness, goes through his eyes.

"Yes, she told me she would see me again, I just didn't think so soon." A smile takes over his face as he looks at me in awe.

"What happened." I ask softly, I felt sorry for him in a way.

Losing your mate tends to make you lose your mind. You become desperate. Many try to force witches to bring them back. Other move on with people that look just like the deceased mate. Other commit suicide. Others kill other people's mates, in rage and jealousy. Angry at how unfair the world is. Then people like Chadum, who will come up with anything, to believe their mate is still there.

"She died giving birth, my baby boy died a couple hours later." Sadness takes over his face.

"You look just like her" he states with a ghost of a sad smile.

"That was 20 years ago. When I saw you in my cabin, I knew, you were brought to me. The moon goddess had sent me Macy back, reincarnated."

My heart went out to him. It didnt excuse his action, but it gave clarity as to why.

His eyes go back to looking at my body, as he walks to me slowly. I don't move, huddled in the corner, I watch him closely.

He kneels down beside me, his hand on my arm, he runs down my arm, going towards my breast where my arms are crossed.

"Don't." I whisper as I look into his eyes, pleading with my eyes. My eyes start to water as he smiles softly at me.

"Let me remind you Macy, how I made you feel." He starts to lean towards me, looking at my lips.

Suddenly ice with a sharp tip comes from the wall where ice covers it in the place I sit. It stops him in his place as it barely misses, almost cutting through his face.

He slowly backs up as a couple of other icicle come through, he glares. I lean my head on the wall.

He turns and growls as he walks out, not a moment later he returns with a metal bat in his hand. He gets a running start as he raises it above his head.

I turn my head and close my eyes.

The impact never comes. I hear a hard thud and look back towards him.

I gasp as I look around, a bubble of ice surrounding me. Protecting me.

A slight smile graces my face as I look in aw at the bubble. I hear Chadum, on the outside of the bubble yelling profanities. He tries breaking the ice. I flinch everytime. But the ice holds.

He pants as he throws the bat on the ground and walks out. I tilt my head at the bat on the ground. A small hole is made in the ice bubble and I reach my hand and grab the bat and pull it to me, the hole is closed.

It's time to leave, this could be my only chance. I have to take it.

Chadum doesnt come back for a while. He sends the twins in as they try to break the ice. I thank the moon goddess the ice is thick enough they can't see I have the bat.

I breath in deeply as I hold the bat, I lean back. Close my eyes. Try to block out the twins beating at the ice.

I think of Bain. I wonder if he has found me. I know it's been over two weeks. I breath in deeply as I think of how he could trail his hand over my body. Squeeze my breast, as his lips attacked my neck.

I bite my lip thinking of him being my first. How he could caress my body. I wonder how big he is. I smile. He is a king, I'm positive he is big.

My body heats up at the thoughts.

This is not the time to be thinking of this.

Suddenly a wave of burning heat goes through me and I gasp, my eyes snapping open at the pain. My heart burns, my bones ache. Another wave of heat goes through me, lava seeming to be poured over my body. I start to shake. I groan at the pain, the uncomfortable heat in my core. I'm sweating.

This is so much worse than the first time. I look at my hands, hives start going along my skin, I feel like I have an extremely high fever.

"You smell so good Macy," my head snaps up as tears fall from my eyes at the uncomfortable heat and pain in my lungs with every breath I take in. Chadum leans against the ice. "Come on, let me help you my love."

I shake my head as the heat increases at his words.

I grit my teeth at the pain shaking through my body in waves. I need Bain. I need to get out of here now.

I stand on shaky legs as I bring the bat on my shoulder twisting my body. Then in one motion, with all my strength, I swing, at the right time the ice moves and allows a perfect opening. I hit Chadum perfectly in the head and he falls to the floor. The ice around me quickly disappears, I run to chadum and search his pants pocket, finally I pull the remote for the collar out. I push a button that has a unlock symbol on it and the collar falls from my neck. I stand up shakily and run to the open door with the adrenaline running through me weakly.

I run into the twins. My eyes widen as they look at me. They then side step and let me run through. I quickly go before they change their mind.

I push on the last door as I'm greeted by the sun.
************

Hi guys!!!
It's slow at work so I decided to go ahead and write. 😁

Dont forget to vote and comment!

Also. Bain pov coming soon. 😁😁

Until next time 😁😁