{ 22 On a serious note (First date pt 2)

{22 On a serious note

Your POV

*Ding Dong*

''Oh, it must be the food.'' You said and stood up from the table and opened the door for the delivery guy.

You brought the food back to the table where you unpacked it and started eating with Yoongi. It surprised you how comfortable you felt with him, the strong intense feeling of euphoria was still there but it had changed to a strange kind of comfort. You still felt undeniably attracted to him, his beauty, his voice, everything, but it wasn't as overwhelming now that you got a little bit more time with him.

The two of you chit chatted while eating, but something was bothering you in the back of your mind. It was something you felt and he had said before.

''Yoongi?'' You asked in a serious tone.

''Hmm?'' Yoongi asked with his mouth full of chicken, ''What is it?''

''Can I ask you something?'' You asked carefully.

''Anything.'' He answered honestly.

''You said that the moment I left the fan meeting you regretted sending me away and...'' You stopped for a moment wondering if you should say what you were about to say, ''and I know you cried that night.''

You paused for a moment looking at his reaction. Yoongi had stopped eating and looked at you with a puzzled expression.

''You knew?'' He asked surprised.

''I cried too,'' You said nodding, ''Because you did.''

''Oh,'' Yoongi said with a soft voice.

''But there is one thing I don't understand. If you immediately regretted everything why didn't you say anything, you had my number?'' You asked him.

Yoongi sighed a deep sigh.

''I thought I was doing the right thing.'' Yoongi explained in a sad voice, ''You're a fan so you probably know a thing or two about the Kpop industry.''

''It's a tough business,'' You said nodding.

''Exactly'' Yoongi said, ''And fans are never really understanding of their Idols having, girlfriends or soulmates. There have been multiple Idols who had to step out of the business because of scandals with girls. Or chose to go to be with the soulmate instead of being an idol. There have even been cases of Idols who found their soulmates and have been thrown out of the company because of that.''

''Really just because they found they're soulmates?'' You ask confused.

''Yeah,'' Yoongi smiles a faint smile, ''It's hard to be away from them when you feel everything they are feeling. They become miserable without their soulmate. I've felt it too, it doesn't feel right being away from you.''

His word burned straight into your soul, it made your heart skip a beat and the little smile afterward was the final blow making you feel like your heart had exploded and you were already in heaven.

''So the company usually does it for the idol's benefit, but still.'' Yoongi sighed. ''Other Idols stepped out themselves because the fans sent so much hate to either to him or their soulmate and it destroyed them from the inside out.''

''You were afraid?'' You asked him understanding where he was going with his story.

''Yeah, I was afraid you, still am afraid.'' He said correcting himself, ''You will eventually crumble under the pressure of the idol life. Maybe because of the fans, maybe because of the pressure, or me.''

''You?'' You asked confused, there was nothing wrong with him. Why would he be the reason for my downfall?

''Yeah, me.'' He says again, ''I'm always working and I don't know how you fit into my life, moreover, I'm an Idol. On a given day at least thousands of fans scream that they love me, want to be with me. It must be hard not to get affected by it.''

''I can handle it.'' You said determinedly.

''I guess we will see. Maybe it was selfish for me to come here but I just couldn't stay away,'' Yoongi smiled sincerely at you, ''and I get the feeling you're strong that you'll be able to handle this. We're soulmates after all.''

You smiled back at him and without thinking, you grabbed his hand over the table.

''We can do this!''

''Then can I also ask you something?'' Yoongi asked in a serious voice. ''You said you didn't want this, but why? You have nothing to lose right?''

''Well...'' you sighed deeply, ''My reason was much more selfish then yours, but deep down I think it was, maybe it still is because I'm afraid, too.'''

''Afraid of what?'' Yoongi asked you.

''Afraid of losing my freedom, and with that myself.'' You explained, ''I've always wanted to do things on my own, do the things I want, live my life, not any other's live. I'm just afraid of losing myself, my freedom when I can feel all the emotions of the other person.''

''Are you quoting RM right now?'' He askes chuckling.

''Hey!'' You say in a stern voice, ''I was being serious.''

''I know.'' Yoongi answers, ''And they're very wise words and you should live by them, don't let me get in the way of your dreams.''

''And don't let me be the reason you won't fulfill yours, okay.'' You hold out your hand for him to shake. He looks at it for a moment and then at you.

''Okay.'' He says and shakes your hand, ''It's a promise.''

''Now that we said all the serious stuff let's do something fun! How about a movie and soju?'' You say while cracking open a new bottle of Soju.

''Sounds like a plan,'' Yoongi says and smiles at you.

---

Everything is going so well for the two of them :) They are soulmates, after all, they are meant to understand each other. :D

Are you guys already missing the drama?

Fun Character fact 2:

Haneul is the youngest of the three friends (She is 20) but is also the most responsible, though a little naive at times.