Treacherous 25

"J'en ai fini avec toi."

Just like what Lisa told Jungkook, she went to work today. Though the dinner was still lingering fresh in her mind, she did her best to push it back in her memories and focus on her work.

"Jennie Eonnie?" Lisa said in surprise when she saw Jennie entering her office with a warm smile on her face. Jisoo was as equally surprised as her when the girl came through the doors unexpectedly.

"Hello!" The girl with cat-like eyes greeted the two as she waltzed in. "Sorry for coming without notice. I was just shopping down the street when I saw the LSA building and thought I'd drop by. I hope you don't mind."

"No, it's alright," Jisoo said before placing the papers she was holding on Lisa's desk.

"It's almost lunchtime anyway. I was wondering if we could go out and eat together?" Jennie suggested as she sat down on the chair in front of the office table.

"Yeah, we can do that." Lisa smiled. She started to tidy up her documents. As she does so, Jennie couldn't help but noticed something.

"Where's your ring?" Jennie asked, her eyes locked on the girl's ring-less left hand. Lisa was taken aback by the sudden question. Her body froze and her eyes trailed towards her left ring finger.

She couldn't speak. She doesn't know what to say. It was as if she was suddenly struck by lightning.

A realization hit her.

"Shit." She muttered nervously.

"Did you lost it?" Jennie asked worriedly when she saw the expression on the younger's face.

She did not lose it. She never had it in the first place! She's doomed.

"I-I think I left it at home." Lisa lied calmly. Though in the inside, she was screaming at her stupidity. Because of all this time, she was walking and living as Mara yet there's an important thing that was missing; the wedding ring.

The fcking wedding ring! The symbol of the marriage!

But then it was not entirely her fault.

"Jennie-yah, Mara and I will just bring these documents to Aunt Olivia. Would it be okay if you wait here for a couple of minutes before we go?" Jisoo changed the subject.

"Oh sure. Go ahead." Jennie nodded and the two were quickly out the door.

"I'm fcked up." Lisa blurted out as soon as they were away from her office. "I've been pretending to be my sister for almost a month now and I just remembered the wedding ring today! Eonnie I'm so fcked up! What if people noticed? What if—"

"Hush!" Jisoo stopped her from her blabbering. She looked around before pulling Lisa in the corner where no one will hear them. She then turned to Lisa who has fear in her eyes. "Okay breathe Lisa. Calm down."

"But Eonnie—"

"Shut!" Jisoo cut her off. "In all honesty, I just noticed it when Jennie mentioned it. I never thought about the ring until now. And I'm sure people around here didn't notice it either. And if they did, people would've shrugged it off because... well they know."

Lisa's eyes widened in horror when she heard her last statement. "Know what?!"

"They know that the marriage between the two heirs is an arrangement. Not the fact that you're the other twin." Jisoo clarified.

"I went to dinner with his family. What if they had noticed Eonnie?" Lisa asked again as she remembered that day.

"Did they asked you?" Jisoo asked back and Lisa shook her head. "Then they probably did not notice."