Chapter 26: Ice Hell part 1

"Toriko-san! Sarafina!" Komatsu called out as he rushed over to the hunters. "Things have gotten really serious, but we all can get to the continent safely, right?" "Ah?" The hunter went before replying, "The trip's just starting. To this kind of situation, Komatsu." Toriko gave a big grin, "Aren't you already familiar?" A second later some large dinosaur looking animal with a long neck popped out of the water and snarled at the boat. "Gyaaaaa! I'm not used!" Komatsu shouted, eyes practically bugged out of his head.

Sarafina raised her head and shouted out, "Kururu!!" In a split second later, Kururu bursted out from the waters and used her large fangs to bite into the monster's neck and forcibly drag it back down. There were sounds of struggle before eventually everyone heard a very loud bone snap. The rest of the men freaked out and were ready to attack again when Kururu remerge. Soon a cold gust of wind blew in and covered the giant panther. With seconds, a baby kitten landed safely in Sarafina's arms. "Good girl..! Did you eat your fill?" She asked. "Mew!"

Sarafina smiled at her kitty before glancing back. It seemed that creature was the last of them, as the fight was now over. The surviving members of the Century Soup party (with the three included) were at the very tip of the boat, watching for landfall. "Everyone! I can see it! The ice continent..." Toriko suddenly announced as excitement appeared on his face. Someone else shouted, "I can see it! Thats the ice continent ice hell!"

Ice Hell indeed... Ice Hell was a massive pillar-like continent made almost entirely out of ice that seems to just rise out of the sea. Its surface area is a barren tundra of ice and snow that goes on for miles with almost no notable sights or landscapes aside from the Ice Mountain at the centre of the continent and it is almost impossible for ordinary outsiders to survive in this frozen wasteland without eventually freezing into ice themselves or becoming impaled by the deadly icicles often carried by the fierce snowstorms. The interior of the continent has a complex system of caves which are almost entirely devoid of beasts and are seemingly safer to traverse through than the surface of Ice Hell, and serve as the easiest and fastest way into the heart of the continent.

"Huuuuge!" Komatsu shouted at sight of this icy terrain. "Welcome back home, Kururu." Sarafina said softly. Kururu nodded her head. "Everyone, look up!" Takimaru shouted, looking up at something. Looking up in time to see a huge piece of ice break off of the wall and was falling over the boat. "How lovely." Sarafina said. "The ice shelf broke and is falling towards uuuuss!" Yea shouting is so gonna help! The boat shot some rounds at the chunk, which did absolutely nothing to it.

"It's no good, it didn't move an inch!" Someone shouted as another shouted run away, the men scattering all over. Shaking her head at them before turning to her fellow hunter, who was getting ready, "I'll let you take care of this. Have fun doing your thing." Toriko chuckled a bit as he raised an eyebrow. "So assuming I'm gonna do something?" He asked amused. Sarafina just smiled and just shrugged her shoulders. "Come on Komatsu." The blind woman said as she picked up the chef and carried him away to safety, while Komatsu was going into a panic, "Toriko-san!"

Chuckling and grinning slightly Toriko told him, "Don't lose your head..." Louder he said, "Everyone, get back.." Moving what they judged was a safe distance, the group watched him in shock, wondering what he will do. Sarafina and Komatsu, who were standing in the front, watched on, only one was curious what the hunter will do and the other with mixed feelings. Speaking to in a comforting manner, Sarafina tells Komatsu, "Relax. He's going to be fine."

"A..are you sure, Sarafina? Thats a huge piece of ice.." Komatsu asked her, still feeling worry about Toriko. Smiling, she said calmly with a smile, which earned a blush from him, "Of course. You should have more trust in Toriko, no matter who absurd he gets sometimes. And if anything happens, I'll be there to protect him."