Chapter 7 - Other gods

Percy POV

I flew down to Chaos' domain. For once in my life I wanted a lecture, that's how much I wanted information. I just flew around for a bit, wondering where to go, when I spotted a bright light in the distance. I moved towards it and as it got closer I could see that it was a castle, an amazing castle. Its walls were covered in galaxies, stars, black holes and even alternate universes. It had two enormous doors that were covered in every possible colour that you could find in space. I guessed that this was Chaos' palace, and opened the colourful doors. Inside I thought I could hear someone sobbing, and hoped that there wasn't another Ahuizotl. I entered and the crying stopped. Chaos flew down with a warm smile on her face.

"Percy, it's great to see you! I'd been wondering how long it would take you to visit your great-great-grandma. Oh no, that makes me sound old. Well, more old. Anyway, why have you come?"

"I've been attacked," I said, "And I don't know what attacked me or why it attacked me, or even why it exists."

"Can you describe it?"

I thought for a moment. "One of them had black fur and a hand on its tail and it tried to drown me. Thea - my ventus - said that it was an Ahuizotl."

Chaos paled. "You said one of them. Was there another?"

"Yeah, it was this giant skeleton that bit my head off." She looked at me weirdly.

"Why would it bite your head off?"

"Everyone wants a piece of Persassy." She facepalmed.

"That was a Gashadokuro."

"A what?"

"Never mind. To answer one of your questions, Greek and Roman are not the only 'myths' that exist. (A/N We'll pretend that he doesn't know about the Egyptian gods.) Every single myth out there is true. The Ahuizotl was from the Aztecs, the Gashadokuro was from the Japanese. They normally only target those from the same culture as them, so- Oh no. Wait here, I'm calling a council meeting." She flew off.

I nodded, although I was still confused. Why would she need to call a council meeting just because I was attacked by some things from other cultures. If this was her reaction to two cultures targeting me, what would happen if she found out about the dropbears or the red thing? There were several flashes of light and dark, and the Primordial Council appeared. They were all sitting in chairs, so I made one for myself. Chaos flew in the window and sat down in a chair at the head of a table that just appeared. The council turned to her. Nyx spoke first.

"Why have you called a meeting? If it is about your cookies again Tartarus, then I'm leaving." Tartarus slouched on his chair and looked embarrassed as Aether and Thalassa laughed at him. The rest of the council was smirking. Chaos facepalmed again.

"No, it's not about Tartarus' cookies again. I told you that we would only have a meeting if there was true danger to the world. And there is." At this the council turned serious. "The cultures' villains are rising. All of them. They seem to be getting orders from someone, as they are attacking those in different cultures, namely Percy." The council all turned to me. It was creepy, because they moved in sync with each other, like some weird choreographed dance.

"Um, I saw some Will o' the Wisps, and was attacked by an Ahuizotl, a Gashadokuro which bit my head off, and some dropbears. There was also a red thing but it didn't attack me." Chaos frowned then flew out the window. We sat there in awkward silence until she returned. With her was a god and a goddess. They seemed a bit afraid of us and I guessed that they were afraid of our power. I guess that that would be expected considering the fact that we were primordials and they were gods, but it was still weird for me. Chaos flew back up to her chair after whispering something in their ears. The god introduced himself.

"I am Baldr, Norse god of beauty, innocence, peace and rebirth." The goddess spoke next.

"I am Sol, Norse goddess of the sun." Erebus spoke up from where he was playing with his shadows.

"Why are they here, Chaos? Is this not a primordial meeting for primordials only?" She sighed.

"They are here because they have information about the end of the world, they call it Ragnarok. Well, Sol has info, Baldr is just here because if he gets killed Ragnarok will begin." She nodded at Sol, who took a deep breath and began.

"I was checking that Skoll was still far enough behind me today, as he is destined to eat me, and he seems to be gaining on me. This could either mean that Ragnarok was close or he was being helped. As Baldr was not dead, it means that Skoll was being helped. There is something out tbere that is trying to change my fate and have me eaten before my time, and I don't know what it is. They must be very powerful to make him go faster like that." She looked down at the ground, but I had a question that I had to ask her.

"If this enemy that makes Skoll go faster makes him go fast enough to eat you," Sol flinched, "then what would happen to Apollo?" She looked down guiltily.

"I don't know, but I should get going. Apollo offered to drive the Norse sun for me so that I could share my information, but I'd better go and drive it myself, as he may not drive fast enough to escape Skoll." She flashed out and Baldr cleared his throat. We had forgotten about him.

"I'll just be going then?" He asked, uncertainly. Chaos put a hand on his shoulder.

"Be careful, Baldr, we don't want Ragnarok to start. Look out for your brother Hodr. Loki is destined to trick him into killing you."" Baldr nodded and flashed out. "Well," said Chaos, clapping her hands and making Aether fall out of his seat in surprise, "Meeting adjourned. Goodbye." One by one, the primordials flashed out until it was only Chaos and I left. "Be careful Percy. We don't know what else is out there, and I've had reports from other Norse gods that Fenrir is stirring. I need to visit a few other cultures to get some more information, but we know that something is out there, and that it will kill you if it can." She flew out, and I teleported to my house, startling Thea. I sat down on my bed and brooded on the meeting. I still didn't know who this Skoll person was.

I'm on a roll, three chapters in two days. Vote, comment, and smile!