you gon be okay

melo

melo

Still keeping my body and my hand in the same position I turned my head to face the owner of the voice. To my surprise, there stood the girl from the party last night.

Realizing her hand's position on mine, she quickly pulled hers back, dropping it to her side, "Uh my bad."

"Nah, you good."

I turned, so that I could take her in fully. She dressed in a large dark blue T-shift, with the letters NYC plastered on it in white. The shirt fit her like a dress. I really couldn't see if she had pants on under or not. Even in them baggy clothes she was still just as pretty. My eyes fell down to her white crocs decorated with various pins and I couldn't stop the laugh that came from my mouth.

"Dangggg leave me alone!" she laughed as she realized what the laugh was about. "Always got something to say bout my fit huh? You so aggy."

"Lemme stop. I think I learned my lesson." I gestured to the bruise she made on my cheek.

"I'm sorry bout that." she shrugged, "Sometimes I just be acting without thinking."

I only nodded. I wasn't bouta say sorry for calling her a hoodrat cause I wasn't sorry or lying. If I was sorry for anything, it was just the fact that I didn't keep the thought to myself. Her actions proved me right.

"You okay though? Why you stormed out that room like that?" she asked with sincerity in her eyes.

"You know, just shit with Lonzo ain't looking good right now."

After the quizzing look I received from her, I remembered she ain't know shit about me, "Right.... I forgot you live under a rock."

"Boy don't get banged again." she joked, at least I felt she was joking.

"Nah but Lonzo my oldest brother. Few months ago he was in that bad accident on the freeway. Ion know if you heard—"

"The nine car one?" She brought her hand up to rest on her chest.

"Yeah that one. He been in a coma since. And I was just in there and the alarm went off. Then one of them nigga nurses was talkin' bout I gotta leave."

"Like it ain't your damn brother in the bed!" she used her hands as she spoke, bringing her words to life.

"I'm saying!" I was glad to see she had some sense.

"Well I can't blame you. Ion know what I'd do it if were Kalin.." when I stared at her blankly, she explained further, "That's my big bro. And it's war bout him."

"Exactly, you see where I'm coming from. Then he talkin bout security gon take me out so them stupid ass paparazzis can make money off my anger." I continued to rant.

"You said paparazzi? Oh so you famous famous?"

"I'm not famous. My family just well known."

"Same difference but wow, where was all this humbleness last night?"