[4] The White Mage

[4]

Yuen quite remember the feeling of joy when he saved someone's life once. He was in the age of 13 or 14, he was tasked to go to the woods to search for the rare violet-colored herbs that needed on his mission. It was quite difficult, since the woods were quite full of bushes and many other useless plants, but when the sun have finally fell down, he too have found what he needed. Yet on his way back, since he lost the track of time and is currently lost for directions, he stumbled into a crying child. Yuen and the boy seemed to have the same age, give and take a year or two, yet that didn't concern him. What caught his attention is the blood that is on the child's clothes and the body of the woman whom the boy was clinging into.

Like a concerned person he is, Yuen instantly helped out and healed the woman. So he ended up using the herbs he worked hard to search, since the slash of wound the woman obtained was glinted with poison. Ever since that time, he led both mother and son to the guild, miraculously finding the way back. He didn't care if he had to go back and look for those herbs again (that was a lie because he's silently groaning on the thought of wasting a huge amount of time once again). He even remembered the way that the crying child clinged his cloak slightly, trying to gain his attention.

"C-Can I know your name?" the kid asked, mumbling slightly as he let the words out, yet Yuen heard it just fine.

Yuen smiled at the boy.

"Yuen. You can call me Yuen."

"Y-Yuen..." the boy blushed as he whispered that to himself. "T-Thank you for saving my Momma."

Yuen just smiled and waved goodbye, telling the kid to take care and maybe someday they'll meet again. The kid took that in his heart, promising himself to meet Yuen someday too.

'He'll be my wife!', the kid thought, smilling to himself as he stared at the white-haired boy. Yuen didn't saw the way that the kid stared at him, that determined and lovestruck stare, since all he ever felt was the joy of helping someone.

Yet now, all his feeling was crumpled into an absolute dismay.

"You look like someone's dying." a voice commented.

Up in the guild's base, Yuen turn his head towards a walking man, clearly on his days of being a middle aged youth. The man wore a tight silver armor, yet without the helmet and the lower part section, as his large sword dangling behind his back. In his face was a large ugly scar, sliced between his left eye towards his cheek, giving the man's scary look.

"Krey." Yuen said, almost happy that the older man was here.

"What's wrong lad?" Krey asked, sitting across the younger male.

Luckily, they were in the very end and well-hidden part of the guild, so only a few fellow guild members would see them. The older man named Krey have long knew that this is the spot the younger male always go when going to the guild, since he also wanted to not cause too much attention at him. He heard the young fellow groaned, seeing his head slumped on the wooden table, his dark blue cloak slightly bouncing.

"My parents wanted me to go to the Academy." Yuen informed.

Krey eyes widened, but then he gave a little chuckle.

"I'm not that shocked, since your name is widely known by now wouldn't it? What is it again? The White Mage?" Krey said, causing the younger lad to groan again. "Besides, aren't you glad that you'll be going there? Most people would envy you, since commoners rarely goes and was approved by the headmaster himself."

Yuen gave a defeated sigh. "I never wanted this, Krey."

"Yeah, I knew that." Krey scoffed. "But you're waisting the opportunity here. You're getting the chance to get a higher position in your life, either be the king's knight or general. If you ask me, I would have get it without delay."