Chapter 18: The Fall Of The Great Devourer

Song Quote: Renegades
"Run away with me Lost souls and reverie Running wild and running free Two kids, you and me
And I say Hey, hey hey hey
Living like we're renegades"
~~~

Third Person Pov:
In the middle of Ninjago City people had gathered at the park for the rally. They held up signs with serpentine crossed out and chanting out a catchy phrase.
Cole's father was underneath the gazebo with his quartet playing some instruments to the beat.

Jay's parents were in the crowd enjoying themselves amongst the crowd boosting morale and spreading awareness.

The subway nearby exploded revealing the Great Devourer interrupting the get together.
The beast let out a guttural growl as it slithered out from the hole it came from. The crowds dispersed screaming in terror of the unknown monster.

The colossal snake charged at the gazebo slamming it's head down only just missing Lou and his quartet as they ran off in search of refuge.

Jay's parents scrambled to get to their car. Ed tried starting up the engine but it wouldn't turn over.
It sputtered lifelessly as the creature loomed over the couple setting it's ravenous eyes on them.

"Oh, boy. Oh, gosh. Oh, golly. Oh Gosh" Ed muttered panicking as the engine refused to start.
The devourer hissed aggressively as it slowly opened its mouth to eat the car.

The ninja drove up to the scene as Jay's eyes widened in fear. "Mom? Dad?" he gasped watching his loved ones in a dangerous position.

"Leave my parents alone!" Jay roared hopping on the hood of their car. He swung his nunchucks at the beast sending bolts of lightning right at the beast's face.

~~~

Your Pov: 
You jumped from the ninja's ultra sonic raider having hitched a ride on the helm. You clutched a scrap metal sword in your hands.
The blade was a long sharp thin piece of metal with no hilt. Instead wrapping the blade with cloth and wrapping your hands with gauze.

"Are you two okay?" you asked the couple as you ran up to them as Jay popped open the hood.

"Oh Jay I'm so glad you two finally met. (Y/n) was the girl I told you about" Edna smiled as Ed helped his son with the repairs while the other ninja dealt with containing the beast.

"That's great mom. We can all have tea after you two get out of here to safety" The blue ninja replied as he fixed the engine. You walked up to them taking a look under the hood.

"This wire is out of place" You pointed out and proceeded to fix the wire back into it. "Try starting it back up" you told Edna as you could hear the purr of the engine.

"Stay safe" You told the couple as Ed got back into the driver's seat.

Edna nodded waving goodbye to you both as Ed reversed out of here "Thank you two! Be safe fighting that snake will ya?"

"We're proud of you son! We love you!" Ed shouted waving to you both.

"Love you too! We'll be safe, go now!" Jay waved urgently as his parents sped off in the opposite direction of the Devourer.

You and the lightning ninja shared a nod rushing back to the others to provide aid. Cole had picked up a news van with his super strength throwing it at the Devourer. It shook it's head glaring with blazing violet eyes 

The devourer shook its tail like a rattlesnake and threw it down to stab your group.
"Ice!" Zane yelled as he blasted a icy wind at the creatures tail freezing it in place.