Chapter 6- we were on a break

"You both are what?" Mom exclaimed.

"Dating," Emma replied back with a grin and I furrowed my brows at her.

"You two are together? Since when? How? What?" Ma asked everything at once, confused.

"Come on Venus, don't be such a killjoy," Uncle Tyler blurted out. "They're not the first ones."

"What- what is he talking about?" Venson asked when the attention turned to Ma and Uncle Tyler.

"Yeah, what is he talking about?" Pa asked in confusion, turning to Ma for answers.

Ma glared at Uncle Tyler as if she was about to murder him with her bare hands. "What? I mean they were bound to find out about it one day, right?"

"Tyler, leave it alone please?" Ma asked, I heard her begging.

"No, no don't leave it alone Tyler. I want to know what it means," Pa asked again, turning to uncle Tyler.

"This ought to be good," Mom clasped her hands together with a cheeky grin, waiting for what seemed like a volcano to erupt.

Ma turned and glared at Mom but it didn't make a difference to her as she continued with her brazen grin.

"Venus," Pa called out, turning Ma to face him. "What is he talking about?"

"He's talking about uh- Emma and Blake," she answered with a smile. "And how they're friends and now they're dating."

"No, I'm not," uncle Tyler quickly added dumbfounded, earning another glare from Ma.

"No, he's not," mom interjected with a small smile as she was enjoying this moment.

"Then, what is he talking about?" Pa asked again.

"Uh- before we uh- met... there was a night where we had a party," Ma started, clearing her throat and we all followed her story. "A party... that we had at Tyler's house and we were all there... at the party which was at Tyler's house... I think I have already mentioned that but the party was at his house."

I stared at her in confusion as she repeated herself and seemed nervous.

"Stavish, just say it clearly," Pa asked.

Instead of Ma, uncle Tyler answered. "We hooked up."

My eyes widened in shock as I processed what I had just heard. Ma closed her eyes shut, not making eye contact with anyone.

I looked around and found Pa, Blake, Aunt Mary, and my friends. shocked. It seemed as though the others knew about this interaction already and weren't shocked.

"What?" Pa exclaimed and Ma scratched the back of her head, nervously. "You both what?"

"Hooked up," dad repeated with a grin on his face and he seemed to be enjoying this.

"What do you look so amused for? You didn't forget about you and Violet, did you?" Ma exposed dad as I gasped in shock.

"What?" All of us confused souls called out.

"Venus," dad exclaimed and huffed. "Don't you forget about you and Liam."

That wasn't as shocking because we all already knew about that. Uncle Liam, Mom's older brother, had dated Ma in high school but they had broken up long before Pa.

I found uncle Ian smiling in the back, enjoying the exposing game but mom caught that and decided to say something about it. "Do not enjoy this Ian, I hope you remember about you and violet."