Chapter 40

Leo and Lucas fought with all their strength, avoiding knives, swords and punches that were thrown to them.

His feet were silent as he walked around the fringe of the wall drape. He continued to move until he was close enough to them then he leaped.

"LUCAS! BEHIND YOU!",Monique screamed as she waved her hands but was cut off when the King threw a dagger towards her with great strength, hitting her arm casting her aside as she hit the wall with stunning impact. Her arm was pinned on the wall and she cried in pain.

Lucas was able to dodge Odnam's sneak attack but he was distracted when he heard Monique's scream which was filled with pain and he also felt it making him kneel with one knee on the ground clutching the aching arm where Monique was hit. Their bond this time was growing stronger and he was more determined to save her until his last breath.

Odnam smirked and made his sneaky attack again but he was thrown into the wall by Leo. He was too focused on killing Lucas that he disregarded the other vampire standing right beside him. And as he landed, Leo struck him again with a hammer used by one of the soldiers with full force. Odnam wavered as he tried to stand up while his ribs were flaring in pain.

"You son.of.a.bitch.",he grunts as he finally stood on his feet again with the wall as his support. "I'll fckn kill you just like how that whore died!",he snorted spitting blood on the floor.

Leo's blood began to boil when Odnam called out his sister as a whore. He was at his limit and he was now furious. He had lost almost everything. His parents, his sister but he still have his reasons to continue living. He still have a family. Argus, Tyrone, Maria, Loisa, Monique and Lucas. They were his family. And he would protect them with all his might.

"No. It's you, who's gonna die here...now",he said sternly making Odnam to burst into anger, he had lost his temper as he dashed towards his direction.

The two of them struggled, sending lethal blows towards each other. Both of them hit the wall pulling the drapes on the floor along with the torch which burned the cloth.

And now, some parts of the room were covered in flames as the fight spread from one cloth to another.

Lucas looked at Monique and he began to walk towards her ignoring the fierce battle that was occuring in the room. "Monique",he kept on repeating those words as he went closer but something was weird. He couldn't hear anything at all. He looked at her again and she was saying something...no, it was more like screaming. Her mouth was moving but he couldn't hear what she was saying. She was shaking her head, wiggling her body ignoring the pain on her arm while waving her other hand.

He smiled at her and reached out his hand to her but the King's long sharp nails sliced savagely into one arm. He screamed inhumanly in pain and fury. His free hand fell onto a sword which was used by one of the soldiers he fought earlier. It was a bit heavy but the point was so sharp it could even cut a single strand of hair falling to the ground. He drew it out from the soldier's chest, stepped back and away from the wall to gain room for his thrust.

"Well, look at you.",Thorem scoffed as he looked at him from head to foot. "The future heir to the throne.",he shook his head while smiling. "such a great honor to kill you and your stupid father",he pulled out his sword and lunged towards Lucas.

Lucas dashed towards Thorem but what he did surprised him the most. He dived on the floor and let his back hit the ground as he looked back towards Thorem's foot, slicing deeply through the soft leather of his boot. Thorem's scream eachoed from the walls as he howled, reeling, trying to keep his balance with one foot. Lucas seized the opportunity but was stopped when Thorem got a hold on Monique. He grabbed her by the hair pulled her closer to him.

Lucas stepped forward but Thorem spoke, "nuh, uh-uh",he waved his sword from left to right. It was a warning of course. "dare to move and she'll have to pay the price,how about that?",he grinned menacingly. "now be a good boy and put that sword down",he commanded.

Lucas looked at Monique, then to Thorem. "No, Lucas.",Monique spoke though she was in pain with the way Thorem had clutched her hair and from the dagger which hit her arm. The chains were dangling as Thorem stood unsteadily, as his severed foot refused to take his weight.

Lucas gritted his teeth as he watched his mate in agony. "Let her go first",he replied without breaking eye contact from his enemy.

Monique knew that Thorem would never keep his words. She knew that whether Lucas would put his sword down or not, he will never let go of her unless he kills him first.

Seeing that Lucas was slowly releasing his tightened grip from the sword, Thorem smiled menacingly. "It's not that hard right so.----arrgghh!!!",his words were cut when Monique stepped on his foot which was supporting him and reached out to the hand which was holding on to her hair and bit hard. Upon being released from his death grip, Monique ran towards the surprised looking Lucas and hugged him as tight as she could but the smell of her blood was driving him crazy.

At first, she was confused but then she realized what was going on. "drink", she raised her bleeding arm but Lucas looked away though his inner self was telling him to drink so that he will regain his strength. "Stubborn",Monique raised her arm again, sucked the wound and the blood then kissed Lucas deeply but the moment was short when Monique was sent flying towards Thorem.

Of course, he got a hold of the chain and the moment he regained his balance, he pulled it immediately throwing Monique beside him. He pulled the chain connected from her neck making her stand choking towards him. His eyes were burning with anger as he looked at her. He held his hand on her throat, pressing the iron tighter, choking her to death. "You.unworthy creature.dared to bite me!?",he yelled at her. Monique buried her nails on to his hand but he wasn't willing to let go. "You'll die first",he grit his teeth just then, he noticed a hand was placed on his shoulder. He looked at the hand then to its owner and he was caught in a surprise when a punch landed on his face sending him flying towards the foot of his throne.

Lucas immediately caught Monique as she was about to fall to the ground. "yrr..oky",she was still choking, trying hard to breathe while tears were starting to form on her eyes. Lucas broke all the chains and kissed her forehead then placed her on the corner.

Thorem looked around and saw one of his soldier who was crawling on the ground. He motioned for him to get closer and when he got nearer, Thorem grabbed him and buried his fangs into the soldier's neck sucking every drop of blood on his system and dropped him on the floor.