Chapter 3 | Meeting The QB

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

Standing in the middle of the practice football field, I spin around taking it all in. The faded green grass of the field rests beneath my heeled boots, as my eyes run over the two conjoining practice fields. The difference between the faded grass and the bright green turf standing out like a sore thumb. I haven't been to a football game since starting at USC. I never had a reason to, I'm not friends with the players and I know nothing about football. Football is not appealing to me. I don't see the enjoyment you can get out of watching two teams tackle each other quite aggressively and throw a ball around.

The girls think it is hilarious. That one of the few girls on campus who doesn't fall head over heels for football players and doesn't understand the game gets stuck writing about them. My dad also finds it funny, in-between trying to teach me how the game works and warning me to stay away from the players. Not like he needed to warn me, I am done dating athletes.

"Can we help you?" A male voice asks. I turn around, seeing the entire football team standing there in their jerseys and helmets in their hands. Well, that isn't intimidating at all. "The cheer team stands on the edge sweetheart."

"Then why aren't you over there? Pretty sure you'd make a better cheerleader than a football player," I smirk, crossing my arms and the guy gapes openly as the others snicker.

"Sorry about Colton. The idiot is a sexist pig most of the time," Another guy says, stepping forward, glaring at the guy named Colton. Before his eyes connect with mine, recognition flashing through them. I recognize the guy from the bar last night, the one who's eyes I felt burning into my back as I walked off.

"Most of the time? Does he ever stop?" One guy asks, chuckling, getting Colton to glare at him.

"Hey, its bartender girl!" The guy who jumped behind the bar last night, Dylan, shouts. His eyes widening as he moves to the front of the team.

"Hey, it's the guy who jumped behind the bar," I retort pointing at him, and he smirks.

"Oh, I like you," He points to me with a smile on his face as I chuckle shaking my head. "Why can't you fuckers be as nice as she is?"

"Dude, you jumped behind the bar?" Nick raises his eyebrow at Dylan. "Why?"

Dylan rubs the back of his neck. "Let's just say if a girl keeps looking behind you while you're hitting on her, the chances are her big beefy boyfriend is behind you."

"This is why you're always the one getting your ass kicked," One of the guys tells him and Dylan shrugs.

"I'm Noah, the quarterback of the football team. Are you the journalism major?" Brown eyes, Noah asks, running his hand through his perfect brown hair. The infamous Noah Jackson is a popular guy around campus. Guys on campus envied him, professors loved him, and girls fawned over him. The all-around perfect guy in everyone's eyes...cliche, right? Although I had only heard rumors about him.

Mostly surrounding the fact that he's practically untouchable since he's shown no interest in any girl on campus since he started. He doesn't date, nor does he do casual sex, in fact people question if he took a celibacy pact. The more correct rumors are that he's focused on making it to the NFL and doesn't want distractions, which is admirable. I've never actually met him until now, and there is no denying he is good looking. His sharp jawline looks as if I could cut my finger on it, and his tan skin perfectly adds definition to his attractive features. His deep brown eyes draw you in, and it's clear he has a nicely defined body under his football uniform.

"Yeah, that's me. I'm Avalon. But everyone calls me Ava," I introduce myself, giving a polite smile.

"Well, you can call me anything you like sweetheart. Preferably from my bed," Colton smirks as his eyes roam up and down my figure...ok it's official I hate this guy!