Entry #86 (06/05/19)

06/05/19

Dear Future-self,

May I remind you not to eat a pint of ice cream at dinner when you have an opening schedule the next day? And certainly, over-thinking things won't help you sleep earlier at all. And that by using your phone and writing this entry won't really give an assurance that you will have a nice and peaceful slumber afterwards. Because damn, you've got to wake up at 3 am tomorrow and it's already 10pm. Are you going nuts? Or have given up on sleeping?

Gaaaaaaaaaah. Insomnia is the worst kind of friend ever! It stays with you, and bothers you with anxiety and makes you nuts the next day. I am so not a morning person, and by that I really meant waking up early at midnight! I can keep myself wide awake till 3am, but waking at 3am and working for the next few hours would be hella of a nightmare. This insomnia really likes adding some more pimples and eye-bags to my body and face.

And dear, your anxiety won't help you too. It only fuels the overthinking thus prolonging your agony of staying awake. And when you have less than 6 hours of sleep you tend to be a little bit moody. And when your being moody and cranky people around you get affected, and by that I meant the customers at work and your workmates. You tend to get easily irritated by small things when you lack sleep and releases stingy words to the victim. I hope you don't do that tomorrow.

Just make sure to take a nap on your break time. This won't actually help though, it would only make you tired, and make you count the hours until you are finally free of the obligations of work. When you try to take a nap, your body would fight the urge of being sleepy because you might oversleep and be late for your next hours of duty. Such that you didn't actually had the nap, yet you wanted to, and now you're tired to take the next few hours. Equals, being unproductive and more errors at work.

So to avoid this kind of shenanigans, please DO NOT TAKE THE MORNING SHIFT.

Thank you for your kind consideration.

Love,
Present-self (@22)