Micah Bell: Not So Heartless

Micah Bell X Female Reader

Summary: The gang finally sees that Micah isn't as heartless as he seems, and it's all because of you.

Word Count: 1300

Everyone thought that Micah Bell was a heartless man and you didn't blame them for thinking that at all, you completely understood why they thought he was heartless. But he wasn't heartless with you, you were the only one who saw Micah Bell's heart.

Sure, he wasn't exactly soft towards you when the others were around but when it really counted, Micah was there for you.

This week had been rough for you. You had already been feeling more down than usual, you didn't really know why but you had been feeling down recently. And this week just seemed to be trying to tear you down.

It started with a bunch of O'Driscoll boys harassing you when you ran into them, outnumbered and outgunned. Then a job went wrong, it was nobody's fault but you had never seen a job go more wrong. Then a group of drunken women decided to harass you, to insult you while you just wanted to have a drink in the saloon. Then it was Miss Grimshaw, apparently she thought that you had slacking recently and criticised you about it. You just wanted the week to be over.

But one person had been there to help you through it, Micah Bell surprisingly enough.

After the harassment from the O'Driscolls, Micah was there to defend you and remind you that they were just the dirt on the bottom of your boots. After the job went wrong, he was there to pat you on the back and tell you that you did all you could and that you were a skilled member of the gang. After the drunk women insulted you, he was there to tell you not to listen to them and that they would be lucky to be half the woman that you are. After Miss Grimshaw's lecture, he was there to tell you to ignore her and reminded you that you did just as much for the gang as anyone else, more so even.

You're week had been pretty awful in your opinion but this was possibly the worst part of it, this was the part that pushed you over the edge, the part that just became to much.

The cherry on top of this shit sundae, if you will.

Dutch was standing in front of you, in the middle of the camp, berating you in front of the whole gang. The rest of the gang wasn't actually watching you, they just minded their own business, not wanting to upset Dutch anymore. You knew that Dutch wasn't actually angry at you, he was already angry and you just happened to be the first person he saw so you were the one he was screaming at. But that didn't make you feel any better about the whole thing.

Everyone kept their gaze low, not looking at you or the man tearing into you. You hung your head, not wanting to look Dutch in the eye, not wanting him to see the tears brimming in your eyes. You had simply had enough.

Micah sat at the campfire with a bottle of beer in his hand, his grip slowly tightening around the glass bottle, his knuckles turning white. He glanced around and his jaw tightened as he noticed that nobody was even paying attention to you and Dutch, they definitely didn't intend on helping you in anyway.

Micah turned his attention back to you and glared at the scene, but seeing the tears in your eyes was what pushed him too far. It was one thing to see O'Driscolls or random drunks upsetting you but to see one of their own bringing you to the brink of tears, don't ask him why but he just couldn't stand the sight.

As Dutch berated you for not doing enough for the gang and for messing up that job at the beginning of the week, even though it wasn't your fault, Micah stood from his seat and marched over to you both. The rest of the gang was still ignoring the scene.

"You can't even get a simple job right, that's all I asked of you and you still fucked it up" Dutch snapped and you just stared at the ground, you had tried to defend yourself at first but now you had given up, tears were rolling down your cheeks by now. "You need to start pulling your weight around here" he continued but this time somebody interrupted him.

"Alright Dutch, that's enough" Micah warned him through gritted teeth, taking his position standing beside you.

You looked up at the blonde man with surprise written all over your face, Dutch also turned his attention to Micah but only glared at him. When the other members of the gang heard Micah stepping into the conversation, they all started to turn their attention to you. So, now they all wanted to see what was happening?

"Stay out of this Micah, it doesn't involve you" Dutch huffed, dismissing him quickly.

"It doesn't involve her either. Y/N has done nothing wrong, take your anger out on someone else" Micah advised him, out of all the people in the camp that Dutch could focus his anger on you deserved it the least, in Micah's opinion anyway.

"You don't tell me what to do and she has been slacking all week" Dutch snarled at Micah, reaching over and clasping his hand on your shoulder, making you jolt slightly.

"Watch it Dutch" Micah warned him, his voice lowering dangerously as he grabbed Dutch's wrist, pulling his hand away from your shoulder. The rest of the gang was still watching the three of you, all of their attention now on the scene. Nobody could understand why Micah was standing up for you.

"What has gotten into you?" Dutch asked the other man. Sure, Micah was never against starting a fight but it was very rare that he said something to contradict Dutch, never mind start a fight with him.

"Y/N does just as much for the camp as anyone else, more than you've been doing recently. If you ever lay a hand on her again, I'll break your arm" Micah warned him before wrapping his hand around your arm and pulling you towards him, pulling you away from Dutch. "You okay?" the outlaw asked, looking down at you.

"...yeah" you nodded, quickly wiping your tears away. Micah just nodded before sending Dutch one last glare and wrapping his arm around your shoulders. He guided you away from Dutch and over to a table in the camp.

Micah sat you down and sat on a chair opposite you, leaning forward and resting his elbows on his knees as he look you in the eyes. "Are you sure that you are alright?" he asked, scanning your face for something.

"I'm fine, it's just been a tough week and Dutch just...it all gets too much sometimes...thank you Micah, for helping me out back there" you smiled softly, able to relax now that you weren't being berated in front of everyone.

"Anytime, you know that. I've got your back" Micah gave you a tight lipped smile, neither of you aware of the rest of the gang still watching you both.

"And I've got yours" you smiled, making him chuckle slightly.

Micah's chuckling died down before he reached out and wiped your cheek with the cuff of his sleeve. "Can't believe he made ya cry" Micah huffed, drying your cheeks before dropping his hand back to his lap.

"It ain't Dutch's fault, not really. Just forget about it" you assured him, not wanting him to keep holding this against Dutch.

Micah just nodded before pausing and looking at you. "You wanna drink?" he asked, making you smile at him. He chuckled slightly before going to get two glasses and a bottle of whiskey.

The rest of the gang glanced at each other before just shrugging it off and returning to their own business, Micah was already in a bad mood and they weren't going to push it.

But maybe, just maybe, Micah Bell did actually have a heart.

Requests?