Chapter 11~

AUTHORS NOTE 8-1-2022: A Resilient Queen (Book 3 of the trilogy) is being updated now on patreon!!!!

There might be some mistakes

POV: Caden

**************

"Father, may I come back to the castle?" Breathing deeply my paws barely hold my body up. "Please father, I need to find her. Reading those letters give me a tiny bit of insight of her. It's not enough, I crave...no need more."

Why am I not allowed inside the castle? It's been six hours and twenty two minutes since he kicked me out.

I won't be able to survive much longer dodging the many trees occupying the royal forest. It doesn't matter who you are, no wolf can go on forever.

"You may."

Without another thought, I head straight towards the tree hiding our clothes. Nik and Jason following sluggishly. Our bodies ached in places we haven't used in months. As a prince I'm not allowed to run perimeter with Jason and Nik's men.

Once dressed in only our shorts we head up the royal family room.

If I desire to go for a run, either Nik or Jason have to accompany me. I despise it. Though I do understand the rule.

As a young child I would escape the castle walls to run my anger away.

One night my father couldn't find me and had the castle in an uproar. The only heir to the thrown missing scared the people. It took the royal guards nearly four hours to find my hiding spot.

From that night on I had to have guards follow my every movement. My parents were afraid I would harm either myself or a passerby.

I hated not having my mate in my arms. Other young males had theirs. Jealousy raged deep inside my heart. I didn't care who I told off or disrespected.  

They were able to give their mates flowers, taking them dancing or to the movies. While I stood back and watched with a dead heart. Screaming into my pillow at night did me no good. The anger only grew until one night I threw a fit.

My father ordered me to go out and have fun with my friends. I replied back with, "I hate you, I wish I was never your son". The look on his face to this day haunts me.

I was an angry teenager. Wanting the one thing I couldn't have because of my own actions. I rebelled against my parents. Jason and Nik barely held me back. Murder entered my mind on a few occasions.

By the time I hit seventeen all werewolves knew my mate had run from me. If I travelled outside the castle, couples would taunt their relationships in my face. Kissing, hugging and staring into each other's eyes. Men would hold their mate's possessively around the waist. Not letting her go. Women would smirk at single ladies passing by. Shoving it in their faces that they had a mate.

I wanted to kill them all. If I couldn't have mine, why should they have theirs?

Then reason would kick in and tell me it's my fault not theirs. They didn't speak horrible words to frighten their mate away.

 I didn't know the meaning of love at the age of fifteen. Not having my mate taught me hardships. Taking it out on my father or any person nearby became my daily routine.

"Take a shower first Caden. Dinner will be served in our family room. We will discuss what to do next." He issues a small command through his words. Entering the castle I head towards my bedroom. Jason hot on my heals.