Going Back To See Father

For the next two days, while unaware of the brewing trouble Iris' been sowing back at the campus, Adira spends her time helping out in Peter and Hyacinth's store—much to Owen's happiness and delight as well as Stefan's.

After all, visiting the store was the easiest way to find her.

"Your highness, what are you doing here again?" Adira asked as she delivered to him what he ordered and placed them properly in front of him.

Even when this man constantly annoys her, she knows and was raised with proper etiquette. So it will greatly shame her name should she flare on this annoying guy.

She had gradually gotten used to calling him with her sarcastic insult which later on became her nickname to him.

"What? I'm here to eat. What the heck are you asking me that for?" He shrugged and grabbed the cutlery before slowly digging in.

Adira could only sigh and asked, "Do you not have school?"

"I told you I just came back from the neighboring kingdom as an exchange student. I've been studying there for a year. I, at least, deserve a break, don't I?" He whined like a spoiled brat.

"Yeah, yeah." Adira shrugged his complaints off and only listened to the important points.

So he's an exchange student? Either he's really smart or he's someone high up in rank.

He couldn't really possibly be a prince, right? I haven't seen the second prince but I heard he was my age. I also heard he was a sophisticated sunny prince who was a stark contrast to the cold and black-hearted first prince.

Adira thought as she kept eyeing the man with raven hair but with silvery tint at the edges like a mix and bluish-green eyes. If he conducted himself better, then she might just believe his lies about being a prince.

Sigh, I wonder how Casey's faring at school right now? Well, tomorrow's the last day for this short lived break so I really need to return by then.

Sighing after staring at him, Stefan felt he was just judged by Adira and whined to her, "No matter what you're thinking, I am a hundred times better than that!"

"My, defensive aren't we, your highness? Well anyway, I won't have to see you from tomorrow onwards so I guess I should say goodbye even if you annoy me the most."

"What?! Why? Are you going away?" He asked, almost sounding sad as he nibbled on his fork looking like an abandoned dog that oddly made him quite cute.

What the heck?

"Well, contrary to some people who lounge around and forcing his so-called break, I have to return to school. I've got final exams coming up." Adira thought and glanced at the happy-go-lucky man and sighed again as he indirectly reminded her of that grueling thing.

Yes, the school year's about to end, huh? Time flies by so fast.

"School? Where do you go to school?"

"At the capital. There's only one campus there. I'm sure you know which one, right?"

"You... Are you a noble?"

The man looked shocked when he heard Adira proclaim that she goes to that nobles-only school at the capital. If she was, then he could ask his father to arrange an engagement with her!

"Of course, I am. You really must've spent a time at some neighboring kingdom if you haven't heard of me, huh?"

Adira muttered before finally leaving him and attending to the costumers that just came in, oblivious to the growing smile on Stefan's face.