Chapter 27: Ice Hell part 2

-later on-Toriko's group-

After the group left camp the weather got worse and worse to the point Toriko had to carry Komatsu. It was so bad that everyone was covered covered in ice. Even Sarafina's endurance was slowly running out. But she tried to power through it. Kururu stayed in her transformed state and stood over the group, trying her best to shield them. Toriko turned his head a bit to survey the group, the survivors using their arms to try to cover their face a bit. "The number of people in our group went way down..." The giant hunter stated as Match said as he too looked back, "Behind us, everyone but my subordinates retired."

"And the wind is getting even stronger. Not even the rider suits will be able to take any more, Toriko-San." Takimaru added. Looking back to the two on his back, both labouring for breath. 'Komatsu...Sarafina...' The hunter thought a bit worried when something caught his attention. There, in front of the group, were large blue-furred buffaloes whose bodies are mostly covered in snow and ice due to the extreme cold temperature of Ice Hell, making them appear as though they are frozen. Even their horns look like they are made of ice. Their eyes are pitch black and have bright red pupils which gives them an intimidating appearance. They stood there still like frozen statues.

Toriko grinned a little, what the ice would allow his face to do, and exclaimed, "All right...! Freezer Bison. These guys'll ease our hunger and we can use their pelts as arctic clothing." Turning to the men behind him Toriko continued. "Match, Takimaru. I leave Komatsu to you guys for the moment." Takimaru held up a hand as he said, "No, Toriko-San." Stretching out his frozen arms the young man continued. "Here we'll.." March finished for him, "Yeah, if we move our bodies will heat up a bit." That got the hunter's attention. "Is that so? You guys sound promising." Looking to the young chef on his back he told him, "Komatsu... Soon you'll be able to wear some warm fur."

"To...Toriko-San.. Thank you...very much..." Komatsu managed to get out. "Sarafina...you think you can watch him for a moment?" No reply. "Sarafina?!" Toriko frowned a bit and got worried when no answer came from the woman. His eyes widened when she nearly fell to the snow. Sarafina looked up at him with a smile and nodded her head. "I'm sorry. I'm okay, I'll keep watch over him." She said as she took the young chef in her arms. That cured some of the worry he had up.

Turning forward to watch the two men in front, they watched on as Takimaru preform the series of movements he had done back on the boat. "Ta...Takimaru-san... Those series of movements...what on earth are they..." Komatsu asked, watching as the young man's face got a serious look once he finished. "Before he sends out his technique, by doing those specific movements he heightens his concentration by fortifying an image of the technique being successful... A pre-shot routine!" Toriko explained as Sarafina kneeled to the ground to allow Komatsu to rest and continued to watch. "Pre-shot...routine?" Komatsu asked.

"When I use my fork and knife and I rub my hands together, that's what I'm doing." The giant hunter continued to explain. "Ah.." Komatsu went, things adding up. "Anyone can have a pre-shot routine... The higher the quality is, the higher you can expect the performance to be..!" The three watched as one of the bison charged towards Takimaru, who stood calmly before it and said, "That's some really warm fur I'm...I'll remove it!" Once the beast was close enough to the young man, he shot both hands into the animal's body with a grunt then shouted, "Corkscrew Shot!" The beast went flying over his shoulder before landing behind the man, its body shuddering. He had successfully dislocate the animal's spine.

"He..he did it!" Komatsu exclaimed in surprise as they stared at him. "That certainly was impressive.." Sarafina said in agreement as the Toriko said, sounding just as impressed, "He had great concentration."

'The more you raise he quality of your pre-shot routine, the technique's strength should get stronger and stronger.' Toriko thought to himself before turning his attention to the yakuza boss, who was standing still with his eyes closed with a look of concentration on his face, thumb pushing his sword out a bit. Sarafina tilted her head a bit. What in the world was he up to...?