Chapter 12

RECAP:

What feels like hours after I got to bed, I still couldn't drift off. I was rolling from one side to the other and couldn't get comfortable. I was considering asking Maisy for company but I thought it was unfair of me to wake her so instead I decided to get up and take a walk. I doubted I would bump into anyone at this time.

As I walk through the corridors, I get a bit of a chill down my spine. It was cooler than in my room and I was only wearing a silky dress that cut off well below my knee.

After a few minutes of walking, I find myself in front of a room I've never noticed before. It intrigued me and it was as if something was pulling me inside. Slowly, I reach for the handle of the wooden door and press it.

It was unlocked and that surprised me when I see what's inside.

It looked like a library at first glance but that wasn't quite right. As I looked around the desk in the middle of the room filled with bookshelves, I stumble across something that instantly catches me eye.

D. Anderson - Executions

My heart was pounding faster and my body froze. I couldn't breathe.

D. Anderson? Did that mean Daniel? But what would a book that belonged to Daniel be doing in his brother's pack?

Knowing it wasn't a very good idea, I started flicking through the book. 2008... This record has been kept for almost ten years. Was Daniel Alpha for that long? I didn't think that was accurate.

2009, 2010...

2015, 2016...

I flicked through a couple or so more years and as I get closer to the month my father died, my heart was beating so loudly that if another werewolf was outside the door, they would easily hear it.

And then there it was.

'Edward Spencer. Sentenced to death due to entering under closed status.'

Anger bubbled inside of me. What closed status? Why the fuck was Daniel's pack in a closed status without telling everyone about it?

I was around Alpha's long enough to know what happened if a pack was in a closed status, usually if anyone from another pack entered the premises, they would be captured and held prisoner. Only first everyone was to be informed about it. I knew for a fact my father wasn't or he wouldn't have gone.

A closed status in a pack is only valid if every pack is informed by letter.

Daniel Anderson killed my father and as far as I was concerned, it wasn't justified. His 'justification' wasn't valid.

I knew it.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't even notice that someone has walked in. This time my heart doesn't beat faster. It stops.

"Kiara?" The voice belonged to Alex who was now looking at me, big eyed.

I quickly closed the book and turned around to face him, hoping he wouldn't question why I was looking at it.