21

Chapter Twenty-One | Why Are You Running?

That kiss.

I was completely unprepared. You would think that after all the hours I'd spent with Aries - watching him talk, laugh and frown - that I would know all there was to know about his lips. But I hadn't imagined how warm they would feel pressed up against my own. It was different from what I'm used to, and I hate myself for not being upset about it.

I can blame on it on alcohol. The exotic taste was on both our lips when they touched and Aries had way more to drink than me. I like to think that he had no control behind his actions, but the way his lips felt against mine just felt too real, too full of passion and lust that somethings telling me I can't blame it on the alcohol.

My fingertips have been lingering on my lips since the incident. It's Monday morning now and I still can't remove my fingers, and as I'm sitting in first period listening to my history teacher ramble on about some ancient Chinese dynasty, I couldn't stop looking back at the empty desk diagonal to mine.

It's no surprise that Aries Lockhart was never on time for class. It was like some routine of his where he's ten minutes late everyday, bursting through the door with the late slip between his two fingers, before he nonchalantly hands it to the teacher who would scold him, but he never cares and just rolls his eyes as he'd walk towards his seat.

However, today wasn't like that. Twenty minutes into the lecture and Aries still wasn't here, and I couldn't help but think it's because of the kiss we shared this weekend.

Maybe it was too awkward for him, but he was the one that kissed me first. If anyone should be feeling some type of way about this it should be me. I was completely caught off guard by the kiss, but the thing is — I'm not mad about it. I know I should be, and there's a part of me fighting the urge to be, but I can't find it in me to be upset. That kiss was something unexplainable to me, something I never experienced before.