C H A P T E R 27

Xander

I know this idea was not a good one but it's the only way I could think of so I could tell her everything. Zac was right when he said I shouldn't think twice about telling her all about it.

Zac's travelled to Europe and he's gonna be there for a while. He's gone to help his parents with their crashing business. 

        He didn't wanna go but he did on mine and his mum's pleas and insistence because just like I don't get along with my mum, he's always had issues with his dad. If not for his mum, well stepmom, then...

       I explained everything to him yesterday during our video chat and zac being Zac, supported Nichole's decision.

"Ofcourse, I didn't expect her to stay. You really need to stay away from Lara or even place a restraining order against her."

      "I think that's what I'll do. That woman is definitely crazy. I wish you were present that day,  the tone in which she was calling me hers and only hers was kinda weird."

     "Don't tell me you still care about her?"

     "Ofcourse not, but I'm human after all."

    "Right... that idea isn't the best if you ask me. "

      Remind me why he's my best friend again.

But after much persuasion, he wished me all the best anyway.

    "Hmmm.. that smells nice." Nichole said, once she joined me in the kitchen.

"Thank you." I responded with a proud smile.

    "But that does not mean I've forgiven you though.  You gave me a heart attack.  I was so scared, nervous and worried." She muttered with a glare.

      ' I know darling, and I'd make sure you forgive me for all of my mistakes.' I thought with a smirk.

     I dished the food and she instantly dug in. I chuckled lightly. 

        After eating, she started again.  "Pleaae call your pilot, I want to go home."

    "But this is home, nichole." I responded.

   "No, this isn't home, I wanna go to my father's home.  Please call your pilot. I need to go." She is so stubborn. 

    "No, you can't go home. You'll stay with me. Here with your darling husband." I responded coming closer to her. She moved backwards and I moved closer. She kept moving back and I kept moving closer till her back hit the wall.

      "What're you doing?" She half whispered. 

  "Just checking if my touch affects you."  I moved a strand of her hair behind.

      "No, it doesn't." She tried pushing me away but I pulled her closer and wrapped my arms around her.

    I used my pointer finger to lift her chin to meet my eyes and I begin to lean in. She shut her eyes and i shut mine as well and moved closer and just when...

         She pushed me away and I staggered. 

   "Xander, you need to stop this." She said turning her back on me.

     "Stop what?"

     "This."

    "This what?"

   "All of this. The way you kiss me,  touch me and all. We are not in public, ok? So you don't have to act. We are alone, so...

"So what? I shouldn't kiss you or hug you anymore, huh?" I interrupted getting upset.

"Yes." She responded harshly.

    "You don't like it when I kiss you?" I asked holding her by her arms. She didn't respond.

     "Answer me."

    "Yes. Yes, I don't." She snapped and I instantly let go of her hand.

     "Fine." I responded trying to hide the hurt in my voice.

    "Fine." She responded nonchalantly and immediately ran upstairs.

Dammit! I banged my hands against the wall. 

Why is this so difficult?

Nichole

        I hugged my pillows tighter as I sobbed harder. Why is he doing this to me? Why is he even making it even harder for me?

       I have tried. I've been trying really hard for all of these weeks. For the past three weeks,  I've been avoiding him all I can. Ever since he kissed me at the office, I've been trying all I can to get him off my mind.

       Why does he keep kissing and touching me?  When he asked me if I didn't like his kisses, I wanted to tell him that I love kissing him and that it sends tingling sensations down my spine but then, I know better.  He doesn't love me. He's just passing time.

       Even though I still hope deep down I'm wrong, that maybe he loves me too, but...

      Why are you doing this to me, Xander?

____

In the evening.

     "I don't understand what to do. One minute, he's cheating and the other, he's acting all lovey dovey with me. He's messing with my head. I... I'm just fed up."

     "Nichole, calm down. I know he's not done the right thing by kidnapping you but he just didn't have any aption." Claire responded.

     "Are you seriously saying this? Claire, after everything?"

     "Yes. I am. I was also not in support of this before until dad.... just give him a chance to explain everything. You need to remember that whether hired or not, he's still your legally wedded husband and you yourself know how much you love him so just give him a chance. "

     "I..."

  "I know you're hurt, believe me I do but just let him explain the reason for which he took you there in the first place. " I nodded and she gave me a smile. I said goodbye to her and ended the video call.

Seriously now, why are they like this? Can't they just discuss and settle all this for once🤦‍♀️?

But then, life isn't so fun without some drama, is it?😜

   Well, let's hope they do soon.

In the next chapter perhaps?💁‍♀️... you're gonna have to wait for it.😉

Thank y'all for all the support and love so far. You guys are the best☺🤗❤....

09-06-2019
👅💞