03 [ 08 ]

☆ ☆ ☆

I watch as Bruce lunges forward at Thanos, but just as he reaches him, he seems to immaterialize. He passes through the Titan and somehow ends up half-buried in the stone of the cliff behind him.

Steve charges at him next but was easily sent flying with the energy of the power stone.

I rush over to him, "Come on, get up." I urge as he groans.

One by one, I watch as my friends are taken down by Thanos. The Black Panther is grabbed by the throat and tossed aside as if he were a raggedy-ann doll, his suit discharging violently with purple energy as he hits the ground.

Fear paralyses me as I watch Sam's wings turn into rubber, causing him to collide with the ground and Rhodey's suit crushed with just a flick of Thanos' wrist.

One after another, they try to land an attack, only to fail. I turn to look at Vision, who meets my eyes with fear and determination set in his, he offers me a firm nod and looks to Wanda and starts to speak.

Although I was too far to hear them, I knew exactly what he was asking her to do. My heart aches, my worst fear was coming true. It starts with Vision and eventually, I lose all of them. That's what always happens.

Wanda extends a hand and sends a beam of energy right at the Mind Stone.

"Cam." Steve's voice snaps me back to reality, "Cam, I know it's hard but need you to focus, okay? If we're going to make it through this we need to work together."

I turn my attention back to the fight, where Bucky is being punched away with the force of the power stone and my Sister was being wrapped in an inescapable band of roots.

I muster up my courage, picking myself up from the ground.

I nod, "Let's do this." I say to Steve.

Steve races towards Thanos first, sliding under as Thanos tries to land a blow. He comes up swinging with his deployed arm shields and punches Thanos in his gut and chin. Steve manages to grab onto the gauntlet, keeping Thanos' fist unclenched.

I seize the opportunity, nocking an arrow into my bow and firing at the purple Monster. The arrow sinks into his thigh, causing him to fall onto one knee.

He lets out a grunt in annoyance, before slamming a fist into Steve's head and turns the gauntlet at me. I feel a force lift me off my feet, sending me crashing into the trunk of a tree and he starts making for Wanda and Vision.

Wanda swings her left hand around to fend him off with a beam of scarlet energy, pushing him back. But still, Thanos manages to fight against it and starts to inch closer.

I force myself to my feet, running forward at the Titan. It was clear I wasn't a match for him, but I had to try.

I open a portal, letting it engulf me and then it opens, dropping me over Thanos. I slide onto his back, wrapping my arm around his neck in a chokehold. I place my free hand on his face, feeling the energy course through my veins as he grows weaker beneath me and I could feel my wounds starting to heal.

Finally, he stops fighting against Wanda's powers, turning his attention on me instead.

He swings his fist at me, the power stone humming with energy as he does. I expect myself to go flying into the forest, but instead, I'm left fighting against the power of his fist as a forcefield surrounds me.