#50- False Hope

Simon's POV

The Reds all left us in the office, including Ethan and Joshua. Fuck. I looked around the room, spotting a security camera up in the corner.

'Shit, can they see us?' I asked.

'No, it's powered down, I think.' Harry replied.

'Is Vikk ok?' JJ said.

'He's breathing.' Tobi replied. Harry shuffled closer to Vikk, managing to grab Vikk's ankle.

'Careful.' Tobi warned as Harry shook Vikk, who mumbled in his sleep and buried his face further into the jacket behind his head. JJ sighed with relief, then turned to me.

'Are you ok?' He asked me.

'Not sure. Ethan got to me before the Reds did and hid me in an office. I don't know how they found me, but they did. They, ah, they kicked the shit out of me.' I explained. My left side ached, and I thought my knee was broken. Still, I was in better shape than Vikk.

'Fuck, man.' Tobi said. 'Any idea what the fuck Josh and Ethan are going to do?'

'It's Joshua, actually.' I said.

'When did that happen?' Tobi asked.

'Don't know- he was Josh when he left, and maybe when I got taken to the room. Joshua was the one who helped me up, though.' I said, shrugging.

'At least Ethan will be safe if anything goes down.' Harry said, letting up on his assault on Vikk's ankle.

'As if Ethan can't defend himself.' Tobi replied.

'Yeah, that dude can throw a punch.' JJ added. None of us really knew what to say after that- small talk wasn't exactly appropriate for this situation, and we couldn't think of a plan that wouldn't end up with us dead(er) or worse. The next couple of hours went by in silence, no one coming in or out save one Red, who threw us all some food- just a couple of pieces of bread he'd stolen from somewhere. We all ate in silence, apart from Harry, who, no matter how much Tobi tried to convince him to eat, insisted he wasn't hungry, and Vikk, who's still knocked out. Well, he was. He was slowly sitting up, a hand on his head.

'Harry, he's waking up. Can you get to him?' I asked. Harry shuffled as close as he could to Vikk, his handcuff too tight around his right hand to sit next to him, but he could reach. Vikk looked around in bewilderment, twisting his hand in the handcuff.

'Are you ok?' Harry asked. Vikk nodded, slowly looking around the room and realising who was missing.

'Ethan and Josh?' He whispered.

'They're going to help us- they're pretending to be Reds still.' I said. Vikk looked towards me, and his eyebrows furrowing in worry as he saw the blood still on my nose and me holding my side. I moved my hand to cover the patch of blood on the side of my shirt and smiled sadly. Vikk looked to the floor, flinching and covering his ears.

'Oh dear.' Harry said, lifting his arm and letting Vikk cuddle into his side. Although Harry couldn't really reach Vikk, Ethan had fastened Vikk's handcuff loose enough on his left hand that he could reach Harry. They sat in silence, Harry stroking Vikk's arm and doing his best to comfort him. JJ would have been jealous if he wasn't so worried.

'How do we get out of here?' Harry asked me.

'Ethan and Joshua will be back soon. They have to be. They will... they'll help.' I said. Truly, I didn't know what would happen. We didn't even know where we were, who the Reds were, anything. We didn't know anything, not even how to get out. I didn't even know if Ethan and Joshua were coming back, or if they were still alive. I couldn't tell Harry that, though. I had to give him something, even if it was only false hope.