seventeen.

JETSON

"Young, I need you in my office stat"

I hadn't even made it to my office before the Sergeant exited his, spotting me as I made my way to the back and ushering me over. I nodded, a loud yawn escaping from my mouth and I followed up with a sip of my red bull. After the weekend off I was expecting to be well rested, but it was just the opposite. I spent most of my time going through detail after detail for the wedding that was scheduled for the end of the summer. Natalie had been wrecking my brain about it, and I was actually glad to be back at the office.

"What's up Serg?" I greeted him, dragging myself into his office.

"Did you and Nunez follow up on Solomon's last phone calls the night of his disappearance?" He asked, in a tone that told me he knew something that I didn't.

"Yeahhh, I believe Nunez said he was going to do it. Why?"

Randal raised his eyebrow, next pressing play on the his computer to play the audio file.

"Solomon, I know you're at that whore house with those nasty women, and I'm showing up tonight. How dare you leave out in the middle of our conversation to go be with that little girl, you will rot in hell for this, and I'm going to make sure of it"

The call came to an end, and I was sure that it was Mrs. Jones on other side of the voicemail.

"How the hell did we miss that?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck.

"You tell me, because at this moment you and Nunez have been chasing two women who probably don't have shit to do with it, whereas our biggest suspect is at home. Go pick her up, and bring her down here. Now"

"Sir, with all due respect I highly doubt Mrs. Jones killed her husband. You saw the tapes, the last person he was with was Lucky"

"You don't know that" he argued, "All we know, is that this Lucky and Isis are no where to be found, and we have Mrs. Jones on tape threatening her husband. She lied and said she didn't know anyone that he knew, but she knew about that house. As far as I'm concerned, it could be a big conspiracy. Pick her up"

I reluctantly turned away, and knew that Mrs. Jones couldn't of been the culprit to the case. The way she looked when we told her that her husband was dead was true pain, but Serg wouldn't understand that. Granted I saw my fair share of sneaky criminals, however I didn't see that in Mrs. Jones. Either way I didn't have a say, and strolled over to my partner to let him know the news.

"You hear the good news huh? We have to bring in a grieving wife, just when I thought this job couldn't get harder" Nunez said before I could say anything.

"Tell me about it, and I thought you did a thorough job looking through those tapes. How did you miss that?" I asked as we made our way out of the precent.

"I don't know man, between my wife and my five kids it must've gotten lost in all the shit I have to hear everyday. Otherwise, I would've loved for this to be a open and close case"

"So you think she did it?"

By this time we were climbing into the patrol car, and I was finishing off the last of my red bull. Nunez took the honor of driving, and I was glad to be in the passenger seat for once.

"I don't think anything Young, I go by what the clues tell me. If she's guilty, we shall see. They usually break" Nunez shrugged, "But how was your weekend with the soon to be Mrs.?"

"Horrible" I chuckled, and Nunez tittered along.

"You sure that's the one man, every time I hear a story it's not a pleasant one" he narrow his brows.