31. The least.

Rayuga paced back and forth with her hands folded behind her back, for the first time in months, she actually missed her routine office job. She wondered what would happen tomorrow when Pep came back from Haiti, knowing what had happened last night at the club with Tash. Pep had confided in Rayuga that she wasn't ready to open up to Tash about her mother's situation and she wasn't sure if she'd ever be able to talk about it. Rayuga herself didn't know what was wrong with Pep's mother, she only knew that there was something wrong. Pep had told Tash that she would be going to Huntsman Bay for three days but told Rayuga the truth about actually going to Haiti.

Even though Rayuga didn't agree with what Pep was doing she had to allow her to handle things in her own way, Tash is young and naive and she loved Pep; she worshipped the ground she walked on. Their relationship was hot and cold but she never got in between them because she knew it wasn't none of her business especially when they always ended up back together in the end. Her grandmother had always said, "cockroach nuh business ina fowl fight" and in this case she was the cockroach.

"Can you please stop pacing, you're making me nervous." Melody sighed.

They were currently at Melody's house in her room, Rayuga had knocked on her door as early as the sun rose with bags under her eyes and wrinkled clothes.

"Honestly, I don't know if Tash is going to tell Pep but what I do know is that Pep won't do anything to you." Melody tried to reassure Yuga but her mind was already frazzled beyond repair.

"Have I never expressed to you that I am terrified of Pep?" Rayuga stopped her pacing to stare at Melody.

"You might have but it's not that serious. Why did you snap at her anyways?" Melody had wanted to ask for the longest while, Tash was the sweetest person she knew.

"She's so spoilt and entitled, it pisses me off." Rayuga sighed.

"Why does it piss you off?" Now Melody was curious.

"She's out here flaunting money, flirting with other girls, and not to mention how fucking ungrateful she is. She doesn't deserve Pep." Rayuga freed her hair from the ponytail, she felt a headache coming on.

"And who does?" Melody raised her eyebrow.

"Someone who actually sees that she's putting in work, you know? Someone who is humble and grateful, all Tash ever does is complain." Rayuga fussed.

"So, I guess she needs someone submissive who is comfortable with also being a punching bag?" Melody played with the string on her pajama shorts.

"What? No!" Rayuga started pacing again, "this has nothing to do with the fact that Pep is handsy." Rayuga pointed out.

"So you're admitting that she's handsy and that no one should even put themselves through that but yet still Tash is still around?" Melody couldn't understand Rayuga's point of view.

"She needs someone who she can talk to." Rayuga was blinded by her own thoughts, she missed every point that Melody tried to make.

"What? Rayuga Kimanie Whyte, I think you should leave that beehive alone." Melody hoped that Rayuga would understand.

Rayuga was about to start again but Melody cut her off, "I'm not going to sit and listen to you anymore. You're not making sense! Tasheka is the sweetest, most loving person I know! Pep is such a better person since she came around and even though I hate what happened to her in the past, I've tried to help her but Pep wouldn't see reasoning! I begged her to sneak away and go back to her aunt or save money for a plane ticket but guess who's still here?" Melody pointed her finger towards the tiled floors.