the dream

warning: graphic detail or e x p l i c i t content (not smut you dirty lil hoe$)

_______________

Veronica thrust herself upright in her bed, her chest rising and falling as her adrenaline slowly dropped. Her eyes were wide with shock and disbelief at what she had just witnessed— what her subconscious had put into her brain.

While Veronica was still calming down, she was about to throw the comforter off of herself and use the bathroom, went she felt a substance. "Shit," she mumbled, taking a second to think.

Just as she was about to stand up, her door opened. She threw herself back on the bed and pulled the covers over her waist and lower.

"Jughead, h-hey," she stuttered.

"Hey, are you okay? I heard weird noises coming from your room a few minutes ago." Veronica held her breath unknowingly, biting her lip in self-embarrassment.

"Is everything alright?" Jughead took a step further, and with that, Veronica snapped back to reality and tightly adjusted her blanket with a swift scoot backward— away from Jughead.

"Yeah, I'm f-fine," she faltered. Jughead was confused as to why she didn't want him anywhere near her, but he just gave her a soft grin and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Veronica could finally breathe when he left. She instantly jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom.

Veronica secured the door shut and locked it. Then she clenched her jaw when her worst nightmare, well, dream, came true. Her previous theory was correct.

Dammit, she thought callously. I can not be attracted to Jughead, I can not be attracted to Jughead.

Veronica cleaned herself up and changed, making her way to the living room where she found Jughead eating from a bowl of popcorn.

"H-hey," she nervously said. Jughead smiled up at her, "hey."

Jughead had been living at The Pembroke. Veronica's parents had temporarily moved to New York, as Hiram was now in jail. He had been transferred to a jail in The Big Apple, and Hermione was finishing up some last minute paperwork. The now divorced woman was going to take at least another 4 months on her quest to take all of Hiram's money.

And Jughead didn't have anywhere to stay anyway. After his beloved trailer burned down, he refused to stay in what once was the Cooper Household. Since him and Betty found out they were step-siblings, things have been awkward. He wasn't even sure if they were "together" anymore. And with his mom being the bitch she is, and his dad acting all mighty, he just couldn't stay there with a smile. Of course he would visit Jellybean three times a week, sometimes drive her to school or to her friends' houses.

So, Jughead momentarily living with Veronica worked out well for the both of them. Jughead and Archie were on the outs, as were Jughead and Betty, Veronica and Archie, and even Betty and Veronica.

So basically, Jughead and Veronica, and Betty and Archie were both growing close.

But in Veronica's dream, her and Jughead were very very close.

"Whatcha doin?" asked Veronica, moving to the couch. "Nothing. Just watching some Friends," he smiled up at her with knowing eyes. They both loved the classic 90's sit-com.

"Without me?" Her demeanor changed and she returned the smile.

He patted the seat next to him and she hopped down by his side, eyes glued to the glowing screen.