Chapter 22

||Adriana's POV||

As my head rests on his lap, his fingers form circles around my hair. I never knew it felt so good when someone played in your hair.

"You good?" Gabe questions me.

"Yes, what made you ask?" I lift my head to face him.

"I don't know, just wondering." He smiles and tugs my arm lightly so I can lay back down.

Strange.

"I wish I could just lay here with you forever." Gabe says, still playing in my hair.

I don't say anything, I just take in what he says and grin. A stupid, hideous grin may I add.

"What are you doing?" I say, as I Gabe reach on the floor and grab a black bag from under his bed.

"You'll see." He chuckles.

My eyes widen as the sight of drugs that are placed right in front of me.

"What the fuck Gabe!" I yell and hop off the bed.

"Babe relax. Well thats what the drugs are for, for you to relax." He tries reaching for my arms but I back up a little more.

"No Gabe, you cant be doing that kind of stuff." I grab my hair and shake my head.

"Why not? You're acting like I have some kind of addiction." He shrugs.

The imagine of my mom pops up into my head when I was a young girl, no older than 9 when I witnessed my mom doing drugs in our kitchen. It was like she didn't even notice me standing there. Or maybe she didn't care.

"Gabe please." I blink away my tears but my voice betrays me and cracks.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry, I'll put it away." He frowns while stuffing everything back into his bag.

"What's this all about?" He asks.

Is he serious right now? Who just pulls out drugs like it's the normal shit to do!?

"Nothing, I just don't want you or anybody else doing drugs." I rock back and forth on my heels.

Am I comfortable enough to tell him about my moms addiction?

"No Adriana, it's more to that. I can tell by the way you looked at me. I don't want to trigger you or anything but is it about something in your past?" He questions and I immediately feel the warm liquid hit my cheeks.

Fuck.

I let out a defeated huff before answering. "Yes." I say lowly.

"I'm so sorry. I should've known becau-"

"Because what? Because I was a prostitute? You think all prostitutes do drugs right? Well not me! I hate drugs with a strong passion! They're so stupid and people are stupid for doing it! Including my fucking mother!" I leave out the room, not giving him enough time to respond, and back into the Guest bedroom to wake Joaquín.

"Get up, we're leaving." I lift him by his arm.

"Why?" He struggles to find his shoes and clothes that he changed out of.

"Because I said so, now lets go." I hurry him into the living room.

"Don't go." I look over to Gabe who now had a pair of what looks to be basketball shorts on.

"We're leaving." I open the door before a big realization hits me.

"But I drove you guys here." He states the obvious.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuckkk.

What do I do? What do I do?

Bingo.

"That's why there's public transportation." I slam the door behind me.

"Adriana what's going on?" Joaquín asks.

"Please not right now Joaquín. I don't want to take my anger out on you okay?" I rub his shoulder.

"Okay." He cooperates.
——————————————
The bus ride home feels like forever.

We were the only two people on the bus, well three if we're counting the bus driver.

We walk up the steps and I unlock the door to the apartment.

Joaquín walks right into the bedroom while I go into the bathroom.

As I stare into the mirror, I see a young version of me.

The young innocent girl I use to be.

Not the dirty whore that I've grown up to be.

Im literally pathetic. I don't even recognize myself anymore.

"Adriana are you coming to bed?" Joaquín asks.

"Yes." I respond back while walking out of the bathroom.

Sleep is exactly what I need. I think.

Every time I have any problem the first thing I do is sleep. Always.

"I saved you a spot." Joaquín says with a smile. I can tell he's trying to lighten up my mood but I'm so over today that its not working, not this time.

"Thanks." I half smile and climb into bed.

I can't stop thinking about her, my mom. I wonder if she made it to heaven. If she's better now. God I miss her so much but I know she's being the better version of herself somewhere else.

I feel Joaquín hand swipe across my cheek, removing tears I hadn't know fallen.

"Don't cry Adriana." Joaquín scoots over to hug me.

"I'm sorry, it's just a lot going on in my mind. I feel like I have nobody here to talk to and I don't even know If I want to talk about but-"

"You'll always have me to talk to. You should know that." He frowns.

I don't want to upset Joaquín anymore tonight. He's seen enough. We both need sleep. Like now before my brain explodes.

"I love you." I kiss his forehead.

"I love you too." He says back.

His hands are still wrapped around me as we drift off to sleep.

——————————————
Its been a while since I last updated but im back with another chapter!! Buhhh this chapter is so sad to me :( I wanted to change it up and give it a different feel from the other chapters you know? Poor Adriana! Leave some comments on what you guys think will happen in the next chapter! I have an Idea that I think will be pretty cool but we'll see what happens. DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE!!
Excuse any spelling errors.
Word count: 1007
- Ro❤️