Chapter 22:The Meeting and The Vote

Quick footsteps echoed in the hall,and I turned to see Annabeth,Nico and Grover.

  “Man,for a white scarf,it can really fight,”Grover was commenting loudly.He froze when he saw the gods,his expression darkening,before he lit up.

  “Percy!”Grover bleated happily.“Thank the gods,you're not hurt!Man,even since the quest on--”

  Percy gave him a look to shut him up.“Of course I'm alive,man.”

  I glanced at Nico,who shot me a relieved look.I pretended not to see it,feeling a little gulity because of what had happened between Percy and me.Instead I focused on ignoring my terrible headache.

  “May I know what was the weapon my dad stole?”

  All the gods took in a sudden deep breath and looked at each other,wondering if they should tell us.Finally Zeus stood up from his throne.

  “Hecate,bring them with you,”he boomed as if I did not ask that sensitive question.

  A woman appeared and smiled at us.Her face was blurred,probably because of how fast she'd moved.She waved her hand in front of me,and I felt myself falling into a deep slumber.

~~~~

“Wake,”a clear,gentle voice commanded,and I opened my eyes.

  I found myself lying on a bed.The bed sheets was decorated with Greek wordings and drawings that symbolised magic.

  I was in a room that smelt of herbs and candles.I coughed,and someone passed to me a glass of water.I gulped it down greedily.

  “Thank you,”I said,handing the empty glass back to Hecate.She smiled,and I couldn't help but to think how pretty she was.

  “Where's Percy?Nico?Annabeth?Grover?”I asked when I realized I had been staring at her with my mouth open.

  “Don't worry,they're safe.”Hecate smiled,her eyes looking mischievous.“Do you have any headache now?”

  I rose one of my eyebrows.“No,”I said with surprise.“But it's weird.Everytime I see a god or a goddess,I would have a terrible headache.”

  “That is because a spell was cast to make sure you cannot remember anything from the past.”Hecate sighed heavily.“I could still remember...”

  She must had seen disbelief written all over my face,because she sighed dramatically.“The weather was terrible because Zeus was in a bad mood.I was sent to see him with the other major gods and goddesses to discuss a serious matter.You were sleeping soundly,I remember.”Hecate sat down on the bed and looked into my eyes,her expression glum.

  “Zeus waited for us to settle down,and then spoke.'Today,I call all for a special discussion,'he growled.'I have specially invited Hecate,the goddess of magic,if you forget her.'Everyone turned to me and nodded in knowledgement before they gave their attention back to Zeus.

  “Zeus cleared his throat.'We are here in this...living room to discuss about Foínix's future.'He waved his hand.'Those who think she should live to a ripe old age,raise your hands.Hecate,you do not need to vote;you are not one of the gods on Mount Olympus.Or even one of the major gods.'He shot Hades a look that was returned.

  “I remembered that the quiet room was suddenly very noisy.A few moments later,Zeus raised his hand for silence and everyone shut up.

  “'Vote,'he commanded,and everyone raised their hands.Well,all except Hera,Hades and Athena.

  “'Although she's a kid with a lot of potential talent,she is dangerous,'Hera said calmly.I heard Aphrodite snort loudly,and she gave her a look before she continued.'It's not that I dislike this kid,but a broken family usually leads to consequences we won't like.When she grow up,she might hate us because of her father's death and decided to rebel against us.We would be in deep trouble if she join hands with Chaos.'

  “Hades was about to speak his own mind when Demeter interupted him.'First you took away my eldest daughter's youth,now you want to take away Foínix's life?'Her face was scowled,her fists clutched at her sides.Zeus gave her a warning look,and she sat down reluctantly.

  “'She's a nice kid,'Hades mumbled under his breath.'No matter how many times I told her not to,she would give me a dang flower...'He cleared his throat loudly.'Anyway,she might post a threat to us,as Hera said.'He shot her a look.'She might learn from her father and continue to serve Chaos.And get killed by Cerberus.'He glanced at Demeter.'Just like her father.'

  “Demeter suddenly let out a shriek that startled even Zeus.Thorns burst out from the ground and wounded around Hades' neck.He hissed with rage and ghosts began emerging from the floor.”