Chapter 6

"You know that restaurant with like 1000 chandeliers?"

...

"No, no not that one..... It's in Gangnam, yeah!"

Ji-ae's voice rang loudly through the walls from her room where she was taking to someone on the phone.

"You've never been there?"

...

"Seriously?!"

...

"I'm shocked! We'll have to go together sometime!"

You squinted your eyes as you tried to figure out who she was talking to, or flirting with for that matter.

I didn't know she was seeing anyone...

...

"Um I think you can foot the bill being as rich as you are!"

...

"HAH! In your dreams, anyways I gotta go"

...

"Yeah... uh-huh"

...

"Okay see ya!"

You crossed your arms over your chest as your best friend made her way back into the living room.

"Ahem"

She looked at you, brows furrowed in confusion.

"What?" She snipped, taking the seat beside you.

"Whoooooo was that hmm? A boy?" You pryed, leaning closer to her.

"Huh? Oh! Kind of yeah, but it's not what you think." She answered averting her eyes from you.

"Oh really? So it's not some new boy in your life? We're best friends Ji, you're obligated to tell me these things. It's in the best friend rule book you know" You whined back at her.

Her face twisted into a look resembling guilt before she swatted at you with a laugh. "Oh come on, really, it's not like that! You know I'm still pining after my ex who, by the way, invited me to his family's polo match next Sunday!"

"You're not talking about that ex are you?" Your eyes widening at the new information.

"Oh come on Y/N, he's really not that bad!" She chirped, attempting to brush it off.

"Seriously Ji? After what he did to you?" you asked, perking an eyebrow disapprovingly.

"That was high school! It was ages ago! And besides, he's changed now, I just know it!" Her lips curved into a smile as she flipped through the channels on TV, completely oblivious as always.

"Once a cheater-"

"Always a cheater, yeah yeah whatever" she finished, cutting you off mid-sentence.