. T H R E E .

"Since vampires can't die, do we have to eat?" I asked Laz as he climbed back into bed after putting sweat pants on. I liked food. I liked eating snacks all the time. I didn't want to give that up as well as everything else they say I have to give up.

Laz chuckled, "We have to eat, but not what you're thinking of. We need blood to sustain us. If we stop consuming blood we will not die, we will just go into hibernation. You can still eat human food all you want without worrying about gaining weight."

I pulled the sheet back and straddled Laz's waist before leaning down and kissing his jaw before moving to his neck, "Do you think I worry about gaining weight?"

Lazzareth pushed me up a little, stopping me from kissing his neck, "No, but it is a perk."

I bit my bottom lip as I sat up and looked down at him, wanting him to get undressed again so we could have more fun. He was seriously the best in bed. "Am I going to have fangs?"

Laz gave a sigh, "You had a little bit of sleep after you changed. I haven't had any sleep since yesterday. I am very tired, so it's time to get some sleep. And yes, you will have fangs like mine. If people ask about them you can make something up."

I pouted at the fact he was totally done for now and leaned down onto his chest, loving the way our bare chests felt together. I rested my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes, "Has anyone ever asked you about yours before?"

"A few times. I either said something like them being implants or erased the memory from their minds. I rarely show them in public." Laz said as he started to rub my back. "You know, I'm going to need to teach you how to actually dance before I can take you out once your body gets used to being dead."

I rolled my eyes behind my closed eyelids. I forgot I, drunkenly, tried to dance with him. At least my moves made him laugh. "I know I can't dance and I'm even worse when I'm drunk."

"Don't worry, I can teach you." He replied before kissing the top of my head, "I'm sorry for bringing you into this. If I wouldn't lose you, I would go back and stop you from coming onto me. You don't deserve this life and I'm selfish for wanting to keep you."

I sighed, "We can't change the past, Laz. I can accept that. Just don't get too mad at me when I break one of Silas' stupid rules."

"I can change the past, Veronica. I have the power of time travel." Laz said as he brushed my hair with his hand.

It took a few seconds for his words to fully process in my brain. He can time travel. He can change the past. He can fix this. I sat up quickly, "Why didn't you say you could fix this?!"

"Keep your voice down. What would even I fix, Veronica?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe making me not become a god damn vampire. Or, you know, not kidnapping me." I yelled.

Laz quickly moved me off of his lap before sitting up and clamping his hand over my mouth, "Silas is sleeping!"

I could give a rat's ass if that jerk was sleeping. He could fuck off for all I cared. Laz raised his eyebrows at me, "Would you rather not know I even existed?"

Let's see, should I have to deal with Silas for the rest of my life, or forget the most attractive guy and the best sex I've ever had? I hate to admit it but I couldn't deal with Silas for long. I would rather go back to my sad, boring, life. I could see Laz's face fall as he read my mind. He dropped his hand from my mouth, "That is exactly why I do not let anyone in. I shouldn't have let your pretty face deceive me."

"Fix this!" I yelled, "Fix it, now!"

"You want to go back to your shitty, depressing life? Okay! I won't stop you!" Lazzareth yelled as he stood up.