Chapter 29: Goodbye, my lovely dork.

Jaerim’s P.O.V.

After hearing Kris oppa’s alarming voice over the phone, I immidiately told Kai that I must go home. He insist of taking me home but I refused. Looks like Kris oppa is in a bad mood and I don’t want Kai to see Kris oppa that way.

I took a cab on my way home. And as the cab reached our home, I saw Kris oppa outside talking to a not-so-old man, with Shane behind her Daddy’s back, trembling with fear.

I paid the driver and quickly got off the cab. I approached Kris oppa and Shane.

“Oppa? What’s going on?” I asked him, as I lifted up Shane and carry her. She is definitely scared. Shane wrapped her legs around my waist and buried her face on my shoulders.

I glanced at the person Kris oppa is talking to and... “D-Dad?” I furrowed my brows, looking at the man who abandoned me ever since from the start.

“Take Shane inside the house. I’ll deal with him.” Kris oppa said, coldly.

“What? Let me talk to Da—“

I didn’t finish my sentence when Kris oppa shoot me his terrifying glare, telling me ‘Just-do-as-I-say-Jaerim’. With that, I just sighed and got inside the house.

I went upstairs,— to Shane’s bedroom. I sat on the foot of her bed and laid her there. She placed her head on my lap while I stroke her long, shiny brown hair.

“You don’t have to be scared, Shane. That old man outside the house is your grandpa.” I told her.

“But.. He’s scary, unnie.” She sobbed. “That can’t be grandpa. Grandpas are nice and sweet and old but that old man.. H-He punched Daddy on his cheek.” Shane explained.

“He did?” Shane just nodded, rubbing her eyes. Why would Dad punch Kris oppa?

Five minutes later, Shane drifted to sleep. I fixed her bed, placed her in a comfortable position and cover her tiny body with her pink blanket.

I stood up from her bed and looked at the window in her room. From here, I could see Kris oppa still talking with Dad. Why did he come back? What does he want now?

Later, I saw Kris oppa got inside a car— Dad’s car, maybe and they left. I can’t seem to understand the entire situation. What are they both up to?

*The next morning*

I woke up when I felt someone shaking my shoulders. Fluttering my eyes open, I saw Kris oppa in front of me in his fashionable clothes. Where is he going?

“Jaerim, get up! Go, fix yourself. We need to go.” He said in a monotonous tone. Go? Where?

I stood up slowly and saw Shane out of her bed already. “Where?” I asked.

He didn’t answer my simple question and bit his lower lip and turned his back to me. “Just do as I say. Go, take a shower first and I’ll tell where are going.” He said then exited the room.

With doubt, I just did what he said. I exited the room after him and went to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed that I was still wearing gown from yesterday’s party. I really need a shower.

---------------------

Once I was done taking a shower and putting on my floral dress, I got downstairs.

I got outside the house when I noticed Kris oppa doing something outside. I furrowed my brows when I saw him, putting luggages on the trunk of the car. What the? Are we moving somewhere else? Where are we going? I even saw my luggage. He organized my stuffs?