Please don't go

Lapis POV

Today I was finally going to confront Peridot on her behavior, she's been avoiding me more than ever and when I ask her if everything was okay, she said everything is fine. I also noticed there was a huge handprint mark on her inner thigh one day, when she was wearing shorts one hot summer day. She said it was nothing an that she had an accident but it looked like no bruise you would get from slipping and falling, she smiled brushing it off but it wasn't genuine. I knew that look all to well but I didn't continue to push the matter. However something else was bothering me, this strange deep rooted feeling in my gut, the feeling of loneliness, and....fear, fear something bad was going to happen an I tried to push it back, but it haunted me in my dreams.

Dream state

"Nnnghh....wh-where am I?" I slowly rise up from the hard cold floor, the room was dark, and I could hardly see my eyes still a bit blurry from my slumber "how did I get here- why was I on the fl-" ahhh!!" Lights suddenly flicker on, instantaneously blinding me for a spell until I adjusted "hey there sleepy head" a man said, he was sitting in a chair, he had his hands up in a position as if he was sitting and driving? No steering wheel, I stood up an came to a realization that we were on an stage "Just like your mother you two sleep like bears during a winter hibernation" he chuckled "my mother- how do you kno- wa-wait are..d-dad?" He sat there with hair black as mine, I can only see the side of his face from where I was standing, his scruffy aftershave, his ocean blue eyes and tan skin; I had almost forgotten what he looked like an this overcame me with sadness. "Yeah sweetheart?" He answered. "crap baskets, not again" he muttered, then sound of a blown engine played in the backdrop he pretended as if he was pulling the car to the side, placing it in park. "Can you go check under the hood kiddo?" He asked, I nodded, what is going on... As I make my way up and pretended to pop open the hood "Spark plug?" he asked, I stood there staring at nothing trying to comprehend what the hell is going on. " i- I don't wanna do this anymore-" I sigh deeply "Do what darling ?" Honk, startled by the noise. It grew louder and closer but I couldn't see anything, more lights flickering on behind me. There were people sitting out in an audience, not just any people but my mom an some man sitting next to her arms around her, a few other people mostly kids who bullied me, a mystery girl with vertigo and long platinum hair with amber eyes, smirking at me but mischievously an a sinister twinkle in her eyes "Lapis look at me" I turn my attention back to my dad "You are so much stronger than you think you are, I wish I told you this sooner" confused. "Dad what do you mean?" He pretended to fasten his belt "but it's time to face reality, everything is not always your fault" honk honk! "No I'm not! I'm not as strong as you think! I need you, a-and mom needs you!" Honk! "Oh that's my que!" He pretends to take the car out of park an pull back onto 'road' "dad!" I called out, the people in the audience start to laugh "dad!" I shout again they start to break into laughter fit and I feel fury building up in my gut "Dad listen to me!!" I go to turn around to tell them shut up that's when- A big semi appears out of nowhere "hey kiddo! Look at me" I turn my attention back to my father an in that instant blinding moment my heart drops, it all happened so fast. The side of his face was scorched like it's been melted off and then meeting the front end of the semi truck, smashing directly into him. gone, Just like that,the only remains of his existence was splattered pools of blood on the ground. I was stunned then the stage goes black I fall to my knees, finally regaining any feeling I start to throw up, dry heaving after awhile.

Pathetic...

"Wha-what? " I hear another familiar voice.

Worthless...