Chapter 1

If you like this story, go like the facebook fanpage for exclusive news, short stories and character descriptions:

https://www.facebook.com/StellaAcademy

        “Be careful, sweetheart!” says my mother as she hold me close in a tight hug. When she lets me go, I see the tears in her eyes she tried to hold back all day. I wipe one of them away and smile at her.

         “Don’t worry, mom. It’s not like I’m going to Vegas.” I laugh and she pulls me in for another hug.

         “I know, I know. But you’re going off to college, and not just any college! Stella Academy.” She sighs, “I still can’t believe you got in.” I pull away to look at her. She looks genuinely happy, but something in her voice bugs me. I applied to Stella Academy in the beginning of the school year; it’s a school for only the top students in America. My boyfriend got a letter a year ago saying he had been accepted and he hadn’t even applied. He was truly a top-student though; he even got a scholarship so he didn’t have to pay to go. That was my problem, even though I was accepted my family didn’t have enough money for me to go. It was a miracle when my stepfather all of a sudden inherited a ton of money from a relative he didn’t even knew existed. But that money made it possible for me to go to Stella Academy.

My mother never had much faith in me, I had gotten into a lot of trouble a year or so ago. Some of my friends had started doing drugs, and I sadly had joined them. Lucky for me, my boyfriend was there to help me get through it and split with them. He pulled me back on the right track. So I get it, why she was, well is, surprised I got into Stella.

I smile at her as my younger sister slams into my body and wraps her arms around my waist. Katelyn is six years younger than me and she’s my only sibling. This is the first time I leave her for longer than a week. I know she’ll miss me just as much as I will miss her.

         “Jessie, you can’t leave me!” she cries whilst squeezing me so hard I find it hard to breathe. It amazes me how strong an eleven-year-old girl can be, but nonetheless I squeeze her right back and we stand like that for a while. Right until my stepfather breaks us apart. He got married to my mother about ten years ago. He’s Katelyn’s biological father, but I could never see him as my real father. He is the closest I have to a dad, but it’s still not by blood. He’s oblivious to my opinion on our relationship, and for a few seconds I forget about it myself as I hug him. Saying goodbye is hard, even though it is just for a few months. I have been packing for the past week, and now with my family’s help it’s finally all loaded up in my truck.

         “Take care, Jessica,” he says and lets go of me. After another round of goodbyes, a few tears, about ten more hugs to each of my family members, and a promise to say “hi” to Frederick from all of them, I get in my truck and drive off.

I don’t go very far. I only drive for about 10 minutes before I get to my boyfriend’s house. He is standing outside with a small backpack hanging from one of his shoulders and a goofy smile on his face. He went to Stella Academy last week with all of his stuff, so we didn’t have to overload my truck. He had already said his goodbye earlier when his mother left for work. I park the car in the driveway and jump out to give him a hug. He pulls me close and swing me around a few times before putting me down, and kissing me gently on my forehead. He looks at me with pure love shining from his eyes.

         “Hey Freddie.” I say as I take his hand and lace my fingers between his. He stares at me with wonder in his eyes and a sly smile playing over his lips.

         “Hello, gorgeous.” He whisper and tucks a strand of my red hair behind my ear.

         “Why are you looking at me like that?” I ask. He looks around and ends up with his eyes on me again.