23

(Y/N POV)

Chemical, Physical, Kryptonite.

The run back to the hotel was tiring, and I had to stop to catch my breath once I reached the building. The fire escape had been pressed back up, so I had to jump in order to pull it down to my level.

I had assumed that Happy was driving me back, but in my sudden idea to escape, I realized I didn't have the tape to protect my hands. I muttered a curse under my breath as I launched myself across the platform, scraping my palms in the process.

I climbed into my room, gently creeping across the wooden floor. It was almost deadly silent in the area, and it put me off edge.

I threw off my purse and plugged my phone into the charger, climbing into bed. I drew a sigh of relief as I snuggled into the blankets, happy I was able to sneak out without being caught. I closed my eyelids, trying to think of anything but Peter.

But I just couldn't get the night out of my mind.

......

My eyes fluttered open, as I stared at my brightly lit room. I could see the sun's rays around the room, and the sound of morning traffic was feeding in through my window.

"Friday," I mumbled, "what time is it?"

"10:05 Am."

I groaned, and slowly tried to sit up from my bed. My head was heavy with exhaustion, and my eyes hadn't adjusted to the sun yet. I rolled out of my blankets and hit the floor, willing myself to get the energy to walk into the kitchen.

Once I had figured out how to properly stand on my feet, I stumbled into the next room; my father was already up.

"Good morning," I said, rubbing my head wearily.

"Good morning. I have a few things to go over with you."

"I just woke up, can it wait till later?"

"It's almost the afternoon," he mentioned, "you slept in way too late."

"But still, I'm not fully awake."

He shook his head disapprovingly, and took a sip out of his mug. I guessed he was drinking his usual black coffee, and I was craving some myself.

"So, has Peter arrived yet?" I asked, grabbing a mug from the cupboard.

I already knew he was here, I was just trying to play the part. If my dad thought I had no clue of the outside world, the easier it would be to sneak out at night.

"No he hasn't," he said, "but you aren't going to see him anyways."

I almost scoffed at the lie that my father had said, but managed to keep my cool. Even though he thought I'd ever see him, I had no plan on getting caught sneaking out.

If I ever wanted to anymore.

My mind flashed back to memory of what happened last night, and I bit my lip in regret. Peter hadn't done anything wrong, but when he said those words I panicked.

Usually I keep my calm in every situation, but this time it was strange and sudden. It was like he opened up a whole side to myself I never knew was there, and it scared me.

"So I've been thinking," I said, "and I have a proposition."

"The answer is no."

"Hear me out, it's really good."

My dad set down his mug in annoyance. He obviously thought I'd go ranting about Peter, but he didn't know what happened between us yesterday. I had a different plan, and I was desperate to get it through.

"Fine," he grumbled, "but the answer will most likely be no."

I cleared my throat, and set my fresh brew on the counter. I could hear the buzz from outside still, but I was focused on nothing but convincing my father on my idea.

"I was thinking about getting breakfast a a cafe," I said, "but no, I won't be with Peter. I was thinking about going with Happy, who can keep tabs on me for you. And to keep my safe and a far distance from peter, of course."

"How am I to make sure you won't bribe Happy?"

"Because Happy won't be bribed. Of all the years he's been employed by you, has he ever broken your trust?"

"Not of my knowing."

"Great. And I'll be sure to be back when you need me. Sound good?"

"I'll think about it."

"Thanks O' mighty Stark," I said, "I bow down to you."

"I don't appreciate that sarcasm."

"What sarcasm?"

I chuckled, and grabbed my mug as I walked back into my room. My stuff was strewn around the room, but I didn't mind. I wasn't the cleanest person, but I lived my life how I wanted it.

I flumped down on my messy bed, and sprawled out against the mattress. My phone was buzzing on the bedside table, so I rolled over to see who it was.

I wasn't surprised.

Peter Parker 

Hey r u mad

I rolled my eyes, and set down my cup. I typed a quick response, a smirk on my face.

Me  

Meet me at the DuPont Cafe at 3