twenty two.

Don't leave, it's my fault
'Cause when it all comes crashing down I'll need you'Cause you make my earth quake
Oh, you make my earth quake
Riding around, tellin' me something bad
It's making my heart break
| Tyler the Creator - EARFQUAKE

Don't leave, it's my fault 'Cause when it all comes crashing down I'll need you'Cause you make my earth quakeOh, you make my earth quakeRiding around, tellin' me something badIt's making my heart break| Tyler the Creator - EARFQUAKE

Omari rolled over in his bed, reaching over for Remi but popped open his eyes when he realized she wasn't still fast asleep like she usually was

Omari rolled over in his bed, reaching over for Remi but popped open his eyes when he realized she wasn't still fast asleep like she usually was. He sat up and squinted at the sun that was burning in his eyes, rubbing them before looking over at the clock on his nightstand.

9: 47 A.M.

He jerked his head back in a bit of shock, surprised he slept in that late before standing to his feet. With a few steps, he took a peek inside of Brayden's room and noticed he wasn't in there which allowed him to put the pieces together in his head. If it was anyone else with his son, he probably would have gone crazy, but he trusted Remi. Omari walked over to the bathroom to freshen up his breath and wash his face before he went downstairs—still feeling a bit tired.

As he brushed his teeth, the sound of Top Off  began to fill his ears, making him a bit more intrigued at what exactly Remi and Brayden were doing downstairs. When he was finished, he walked over to the top of the steps and stopped to see a clear view of Remi and Brayden singing back and forth with one another while they had breakfast. The table had a bunch of paperwork on it amongst some medical equipment, and it made Omari bunch up his eyebrows.

"In the hood, hollerin', "Free Meek"! Two deep, it's just me and Bray," Remi changed up the lyrics to Beyoncé's, making Brayden smile wide as she poked lightly at his chest with every lyric, "Just posted in them court-side seats!"

Omari smiled as he watched Brayden nod his head to the music, stuffing his face with the pancakes Remi had made him. Omari watched the two interact with one another and could feel that warm feeling fill his chest again. Everything about them was screaming innocence and love—both things pure and filled with no ill-intent. He felt like he was the luckiest man alive to be blessed with these two people who were in his home.

Remi turned off the music, crouching down some to look Brayden in his eyes. She found the most effective way to get him to respond was being at his level. He didn't like having to look up to people or have them talk down at him because he felt like he was being reprimanded—something that had happened a lot with the people at the foster home when Dione wasn't around. Since Brayden couldn't communicate like regular kids or wasn't as responsive to being touched, the people who ran the home got easily frustrated with him. Patience didn't seem to be their biggest virtue, but luckily for him both Remi and Omari were built off of patience.