𝐄𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

ØØØØ

ØØØØ

Beep....Beep....Beep

STEVE SAT READING A BOOK, beside one of the facility's hospital beds. He flicked through the pages as the beeps of a heart monitor was steady. Every now and then his eyes flickering to the body on the bed.

It had been a week since Thanos had snapped his fingers and the world was turning to chaos. Fires had raged for days, protesters had gathered in front of the Avengers facility, screaming and yelling for change, but heir main priority was Tony and their patient on the brink of death.

The person lying in the hospital bed shifted in their sleep making Steve glance up briefly. He sat up straighter as they moved again.

Ambers eyes fluttered open slowly, letting her eyes adjust to the light flooding in from the window. She groaned at the pain in her leg, as she attempted to sit up.

"Hey Kiddo, stay lying down" Steve smiled softly, placing down his book and moving closer to the hospital bed.

"W-What happened?" Amber asked shakily, rubbing her temples as a splitting pain jolted through her brain.

"You don't remember?" Steve replied, scrunching his eyebrows together.

"I-I remember you asking Thor what happened, nothing after...where's Wanda?" The girl questioned in a panicked state.

Steve looked down slightly, "Steve.. where is everyone?" Amber murmured tearfully. Natasha knocked on the ajar door, walking in holding a glass of water.

"Sip on this Amber" Natasha urged the girl, as she handed the glass over. The smaller girl took the water in two shaky hands. She took a quick sip and put the glass back down.

"Where's Wanda?" She asked once more, trying to sit up again. Natasha and Steve shared a look before sighing and turning back to the girl.

"Amber.." Natasha said slowly, "We lost".

Amber allowed herself to fall back onto her pillows in disbelief. They lost? How could they lose...?

"And Wanda? Sam? Bucky?" The girl stammered, picking at an IV that was hooked into her arm.

The two adults looked down in remorse, giving Amber her answer. A tear dripped down her face and she hastily wiped it. Amber shook her head and yanked the IV out of her arm abruptly, startling Natasha and Steve.

Amber shifted her position, letting her legs dangle over the side of the bed. She stood up and held onto the wall for support. The two adults tried to stop the girl but she pushed them away.

The girl hobbled into the halls, Steve trailing behind her. Amber gritted her teeth as she entered the main living room and saw Bruce, Thor, the raccoon and a unfamiliar blonde woman.

"Hey Am" Bruce spoke up, spotting he girl entering the room. Amber slipped the man a small smile. She noticed the blonde woman's eyes never leaving the girl.

Amber sat down slowly on one of the couch as Steve and Nat stood either side of her. The group stood/sat in silence each and every one of them mulling over the events.

"How are the people handling it?"  The girl spoke up quietly, her hands twitching and shaking.

"Not very well" Natasha replied slowly, letting her eyes fall to the ground.

"I want to help them" Amber decided.

Steve nodded, "There's not much more we can do" he told her.

"There is always something we can do"

Everyone fell into silence once more. Amber stood up and waved off Natasha who'd leaned over to help her. The girl mumbled something before walking out of the room, limping away. The rest of the Avengers returned to silence. Who knows what they'll do next. They only know one thing;

It's gonna have to be valorous......

ØØØØ

There we have it folks. The final chapter of Valorous. This made me tear up, just seeing how much my baby has grown up and become the powerful woman she is.

I know this book has had its ups and downs but I really enjoyed writing this book.

I hoped you enjoyed reading,

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!

We won Mr Stark <3