- 24 -

CHAPTER 24

"Hey."

Adrien spoke into the phone he was holding against his ear.

"Hey, I thought you weren't gonna call back for a sec there." You responded. Your voice was crisp over the phone, and a little quiet. Adrien braced himself like he had told himself to earlier and cleared his throat in the process.

"So, what did you have to talk to me about?" He asked. Y/n was silent for a second or two.

"I don't like you. Not that way, at least."

The words came out of her mouth and even though Adrien knew they were going to come out, his heart broke.

He believed it, but he also couldn't believe it. She felt no affection towards Adrien.

"What happened?" Adrien asked, trying not to let his voice break.

"I thought I liked you. It felt like I did..I'm sorry, Adrien." She spoke.

Adrien sat on his bed, his head feeling light.

He nodded, even though he was alone.

"I get it. It happens. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Well, I mea-"

"Bye."

Adrien hung up the phone call after he cut Y/n off during her sentence.He let the tears in his eyes flow down his cheek as he felt full of emotion.

"You okay, kid?"

Adrien looked up at Plagg. The blonde's kwami floated in mid-air with nothing other than concern for the boy in front of him.

"She likes Chat Noir. Do you realize how dangerous this could be, Plagg? I'm stuck. If I start some kind of relationship with her as Chat Noir, wouldn't she be in danger of akumatized villains? But if I don't I'll lose her. I don't wanna lose her, Plagg. Mom was enough."

Plagg felt his heart sink.

He was gonna mess this up somehow.

"I'm sure everything will heal itself, Adrien."

"This isn't Ladybug screaming 'Miraculous Ladybug', Plagg." Adrien shook his head as he turned away from Plagg.

Plagg sat on Adrien's head in silence and comforted the boy as he let his tears stream.

"Just give it some time, Adrien. Just time."

Hey heyy, i'm sorry for the short chapter but I've been super busy and ugh i hate it

Hey heyy, i'm sorry for the short chapter but I've been super busy and ugh i hate it. anyways, Have a good day and I'll update y'all in a few days :)