Chapter 8- Disaster

Dovie

"How is that possible?" I asked, shocked.

"Apparently they need the auditorium for something else and all of us theatre kids need to get done with the play as soon as possible," Niti replied back.

"That's not fair," Zoe complained.

"We haven't even completed painting the backdrop yet," Travis added and Zoe slowly nodded.

"And we haven't even rehearsed all the scenes either," Kol sighed deeply.

"And we're forgetting that the Juliet of this play has some business to take care of tomorrow. I might not make it on time for the play," Niti dropped a bomb.

Zoe and I shared a look and sighed in defeat.

"This play will be a disaster," Travis sighed deeply.

"No, it can't be," I retorted. "We have to come first place tomorrow and I know we can do it. It's okay if we don't have memorized the lines yet, we have the entire night to get the gist of it. Zoe and Travis, I know you both are capable of finished the backdrop if you work together."

They both nodded in return then I turned to face Niti. "Niti, I know you'll make it back in time for the play. Just stay close to your phone."

Niti nodded in return then I looked around to find Andrew. "Where's Andrew?"

"He was pulled into another play," Mr. Willing replied which shocked all of us.

"What?" We all exclaimed in unison.

"Yeah, the play about Jesus," he answered back. "Apparently, He was casted as Jesus."

"Just great, now we'll have to cut all the scenes with him in it," I groaned and scratched out a couple of pages from the script. "That will cut a lot of scenes and mostly the only ones left will be Romeo and Juliet's."

"We are so screwed," Kol groaned.

He wasn't wrong. We were definitely screwed!

"Well, let's get to work then," I concluded as everyone dispersed through the auditorium.

The entire day we worked hard for the play for tomorrow, but when it was finally time, everything was going to go downhill.

_______

"Awe, how does it feel to be on the losing team for once, Zoe?" Chloe taunted Zoe as she walked towards us with her two followers. "It would really suck to be you."

"If you don't shut up and leave us alone, then it'll suck to be you, Chloe," Zoe fired back which caused Chloe to leave us alone. "She's not wrong though, Dovie. We are going to lose badly."

I shook my head in disagreement. "No, we're not. Think positive."

"Think positive? Dovie, our Juliet is certainly still out of town, our Romeo hasn't been answering our calls, the stupid freshmen spoiled our backdrop, the mic has been failing, the cue cards are lost, Romeo's shirt has a coffee stain on it, and you're telling me to think positive? I can't think positive under this much stress," She pointed out all of the things that were going wrong with our play.

I sighed deeply, knowing that we're screwed. "I know nothing is going according to the plan, but we have to hope for the best. We need to make some changes."

When I said changes, Mr. Willing walked into the dressing room. He seemed confused of why there were only a couple of us there and not everyone.

"Changes? What type of changes?" Travis questioned, standing next to Zoe. But, Zoe didn't leave this time. Instead, she nodded in agreement and waited for an answer.