Chapter 9

I heard a stick break behind us. I turned to look not caring how much pain I was in. I could see the shadow of someone chasing us.

"Someone is right behind you." I whispered to Alex.
"I know." He said.

The shadow keeps getting closer.

"It's Victor."
Alex nods.

There's more people behind him. I begin to panic. Victor close enough to fully see now and he's steadily gain on us. My heart races faster. I can't go back, I won't survive much longer there.

"GET THEM!" Victor orders his men.

He lunges at us, tackling Alex. The force at the speed we were going launched onto the ground. I rolled until I hit a tree trunk. I cringed at the feeling of my back hitting the tree when it was recently hurt anyway. Pain shot through my whole body. I couldn't move. I can't feel my limbs. I started to feel really dizzy.

"GIDGET!" I could hear Xavier yell.

I tried to speak but nothing came out. Tears started to flow down my cheeks. I could see Victor punching Alex repeatedly and I couldn't do anything. I heard someone step near me I instantly panic in fear of being hurt even more.

"Gidget, it's me, it's okay." Xavier said lifting my head onto his lap.

No matter how mad I am at him or how much I wanted to be away from him when I left right now I'm relieved he's here. Xavier looked like he was going to burst into tears as he looked down at me.

"Can you move?" He asked quietly.

I shook my head a little just enough he could tell what I meant.

I looked back at Alex Victor was going to kill him, he had him by his throat. I kept trying to yell for him, get someone to help. Nothing came out and I'm starting to get too weak to try. Xavier could tell I was about to pass out.

"No...no..no, stay with me please." He begged.
I looked back to Alex, "Help Alex.......brother." It was so quiet I don't think he heard it. My eyes began drooping and I gave into the darkness.

Xavier's POV:

I held Gidget's almost lifeless body in my arms. I thought back to what she said. I looked around for Alex he was the one who contacted me. I found him being pinned to a tree be Victor who was hold him by the neck. I signaled for Stephen to come to me.

"Take her home and calls the doctors, there's some of my blood in the fridge she needs it right away." I said.
Stephen picked her up and said, "I'll take care of her."
I nodded.
Once I could see she was safe I charged for Victor. I yanked him from Alex and onto the ground. I started to punch him repeatedly. He started to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" I demanded.
"Kill me." He said.
"Oh, you think I'm going to kill you right now. Not a chance I'm going to take you somewhere you can't get out of, somewhere I'm going to bring you to the brink of death so many times you'll be begging me to kill." I told him.

His smile dropped as I delivered one last punch that knocked him out. I picked him up by the collar and drug him. I looked back at Alex who was just standing there.

"Coming?" I asked.
"Me?" He said completely astonished.
"You saved her and you're her brother, so your always welcome. Come on." I said.

He started to follow, when we got to the car I popped the trunk and threw Victor in and shut it. I drove back to the house and I started to panic about if Gidget was okay or not. It was dark but I could see the outline of bruises, her dress was barley there it was all torn an tattered. I could see blood in all different spots, when Stephen took her from my arms they were completely covered in blood. What did he do to her.

I stormed into the house and asked Stephen where she was. He said he bedroom so I went there immediately. She was laying there still unconscious. There were three doctors around her doing different things.

"Is she going to be okay?" I asked worriedly.

"She should be alright she has lost a lot of blood and hasn't feed in days. The little bit that was given to her help but she needs more to heal. I recommend you staying with her. You being her mate should help her heal faster. Give her some of your blood. The silver burns on her wrist and front half shouldn't scare, as for the lashes on her back it looks as though she was whipped and a blade of silver at the end. Her back will most likely scare because of the severity of the wounds." He explained. I tried to absorb the information. "We'll leave you two alone." He said as they walked out of the room.

I look at her battered body and a tear fell from my eye. I could have lost her. I almost did. I sat on the bed beside her. I bit my wrist and put it to her mouth. She didn't react I started to worry but then one of her hands reached to hold me there. I breathed a sigh of relief. Then her beautiful brown orbs opened and looked into mine.

Gidget's POV:

I opened my eyes and was met with brilliantly blue ones. I pulled my mouth from his wrist remember what had happened I looked down at my hands not wanting to look at him anymore.

"I know what you thought you saw." He said.
"Thought." I scoffed.
"Yes, thought. I wasn't cheating if you had stayed longer you would have seen he push her off."
"You kissed her back." I whispered.

"I know, I shouldn't have but I stopped once I realized what I was doing. I know you won't take my word of it and I don't blame you. That's why I want to do a memory search with you again I have some things I want to show you anyway."
"Okay." I agreed.

~~~

A/N

Sorry it's a short chapter but I wanted to save
the memory search for chapter 10. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.
Please, like, vote & comment.

~ Sadie 🖤

1081 words