Chapter 10

Xavier put his wrist in front of my mouth. He took my wrist and looked to me as if asking permission. I nodded my head and we both bit down at the same time. I let the sweet liquid trickle down my throat till I felt him pull away and I did the same. He took my arm and made a small cut, then doing the same to his. He looked at me with those blue eyes and pressed our arms together.

I looked around we were in the house still but we were in Xavier's office. Why are we here? I looked around for him. I saw a young boy, he looked like he was between 9 or 11 years old. I went to touch his shoulder but I went through. He looked around the room when his eyes met mine I knew instantly. I'd know those blue eyes anywhere. This must be what Xavier want to show me other than the kiss. I sat on the floor in the corner of the room since I can't do anything but watch.

"Dad!" Little Xavier yelled. "Mom!"

A pretty woman rushed into the room. She grabbed Xavier and ran to the end of the room where there was a fireplace. She turned Xavier to face her he had tears in his eyes.

"Xavier, you have to go to the safe room and stay there no matter what. Do you understand?" He nodded his head. She leaned down to kiss his forehead. "Remember me and your father love you no matter what happens."

There was a loud crash behind them. Her eyes instantly panicked.

"Go! Xavier you have to go now!" He started into the fireplace but looked back. "Go!" 

He went in all the way. I didn't move but suddenly I was in the room with Xavier. It was a plain concrete room with a bed and shelves of survival equipment. Canned foods, blankets, water and more. He went to the bed, pulled his knees to his chest and sobbed quietly. I wanted nothing more than to comfort him but I knew I couldn't. Suddenly there was yelling outside of the room.

"Mom!" He yelled and ran to the door and back into the fireplace. He stopped at what he saw. I gasped with tears forming in my eyes. Victor had Xavier's mom, with a knife to her throat. There was a man standing on the other side of the desk. I guess that's Xavier's dad. They look a lot alike.

"Give me the thrown." Victor sneered. "Or she dies."
"Don't!" She yelled.

Victor pulled her closer with the knife digging into her neck enough to draw blood.

"I can't." Xavier's father said in a sad voice.
"Fine, then you give me no choice."
"You always had a choice Victor, you just choose wrongly and that's why you will never be on the thrown."

Victor rammed her head on the desk, then turned her to face him and look into his eyes. He then stabbed her in the stomach. He didn't stop with that he kept stabbing. It all seemed to much like when my mother was killed. Memories rushed back but I quickly snapped out of it when Xavier's father yelled.

"NO!" He yelled in anguish.

Three of Victor's men rushed in as he charged Victor. Two held his arms back and kicked the back of his knees to make him kneel. He looked down tears falling from his eyes. The third man walked behind him and broke his neck. His limp body fell to the floor. Xavier started to run to his parents but before he could Winter appeared out of nowhere and pulled him back taking him to the safe room again. She held him tightly as he sobbed for his parents.

"H...he k..killed them." He cried. "Their gone."
"I know." She said. "But you have to be strong, your people need you right now no one knows you even exist. Your uncles are on their way. They will take the thrown until your ready."

"I don't want it!" He said angrily.
"I know but it's what you need to do. Sometimes you have to do what's best for others."
"Now lets get you out of here I think you've had enough sadness for a lifetime."
Winter said.

Everything went black and we were taken to Xavier's office again. This time is recent though. Xavier walked into the office sitting in his chair and looking for something. Then Bianca showed up in the doorway.

"Bianca." He said.
"Xavier." She said in a sickly sweet voice.

She walked over to his desk. It took everything in me to keep watching knowing what was about to happen.

"What do you want?"
"I just want one thing then I'll leave, promise."
"And what is that?"
She walked closer to him and said, "This."

She leaned over him and pressed her lips to his. He kissed her back. Tears started to fall all over again. Then his face changed to regret and sadness. He pushed her away. That was when I saw them and ran out of the house. He instantly got up and ran for me not caring about Bianca at all. He was telling the truth. He still kissed her back though and it's going to take time for me to trust him again.

Suddenly we were back to reality. Looked to Xavier he got up and started pacing the room. Running his fingers through his hair he began to talk.

"I'm sorry, so sorry... I know you may never forgive me I just wanted you to know the truth. And I understand if you want to reject me I'll tell you how just as long as you're safe and happy. I'll do anything." He was rambling.

I got up from the bed to stop his pacing. I hadn't even thought about how I'm still hurt and weak. When I tried to stand I instantly started to fall. Xavier caught me looking at me with worried eyes. He picked me up and sat me on the bed I winced as I leaned back.

"Are you okay? You can't do that you need to rest and heal. You're still too weak."

I put my fingers up to his mouth to shut him up. He looked at me surprised. I hugged his torso, even if I was still upset with him right now I just wanted him to hold me.

"W...what are you doing?"
"Hugging, ever heard of it?"

He laugh lightly and pulled back a little.

"No, just hold me." I said softly. "Please."

He nodded his head and laid beside me. I put my head on his chest. Calmness washed over me as I fell asleep moments later.

~~~

A/N

A lot happened in this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it.
Please share, vote and comment.

~ Sadie 🖤