025

Aftermath pt 3

EunMin shifts on the sofa, snuggling closer to the source of warmth with her, her eyes snapping open as the sun light shines brightly through the living room curtains.

Oh no! I'm late. She thinks shifting in an attempt to get up, only to be pulled closer to him.

"Stay." Namjoon mumbles snuggling closer, burying his face on her shoulder blade.

"I can't." EunMin says sighting softly. "I have to file the report." She adds unwrapping herself from his grasp earning a complain from him.

"Can't you do it another day?" He asks making her stop, chewing on her bottom lip as she contemplates his question, before she runs her hands through her messy brown hair and kneels down so they are face to face, resting her chin on the couch.

"How about this," she starts making his eyes open so he can look at her, "I promise to finish as quickly as possible and then take the rest of the day off, then we can do whatever you want. How does that sound?" She asks.

"Promise?" Namjoon says extending his pinky finger making her laugh.

"Promise." She says intertwining her finger with his before she abruptly stands up grabbing her stuff. "Now I really have to go or I'm going to be in trouble." She says hurrying away to get changed.

Namjoon lets out a sigh of his own and closes his eyes, listening as her quick footsteps fade away until the door locks.

What time is it? He wonders fumbling around in search for his phone, sitting up with a frown when he doesn't see it anywhere.

What should I do? Should I check on the boys? He thinks stretching his arms, letting his head rest on the backrest of the sofa. He couldn't remember the last time he got a day off, and his body was itching with the urge of doing something.

Ah, I feel much better.

After a few minutes of staring at the ceiling, Namjoon decides to get up and wash up, hoping to help EunMin with some things around the apartment. As he walks to the bathroom, he gets an itchy feeling on top of his head, but he ignores it, too lost in his thoughts to care.

It is only when the itching intensifies that Namjoon scratches his head, jumping when he feels something twitch on top of his head.

With a frown, Namjoon slowly raises his head turning the faucet off, his eyes widening with a surprised yelp when he sees his reflection in the mirror, drawing some blood from his lower lip as he accidentally bites it.

"Ouch." He says staring at the small drop of blood on his fingertip.

I have to be dreaming. He tells himself splashing more water in his face in an attempt to wake up.

"Hyung?" Taehyung asks as he opens the door, finding a terrified Namjoon looking at the mirror.

"Tae," Namjoon starts turning to face the younger male, "please tell me I'm seeing things." He says, worriedly looking the youngest whose eyes focus on his head as he tilts his head to the side.

"Sorry hyung." Taehyung says after a long pause and Namjoon sighs running his hands through his hair, flinching as he touches the new set of ears in top.