10. Darn that boy.

10 // Darn that boy.

"It's not just that she could still be alive," Stiles started as him, Lydia and I followed the sheriff into his office.

"It's that she would have had to fake her death," I finished, helping as the three of us tried to explain our idea to Stiles' dad.

"Your grandmother, Lorraine Martin, faked her death?" Sheriff Stilinski asked unbelievingly.

"Definitely," Stiles answered, while Lydia and I both rolled our eyes.

"Maybe," the both of us said, sharing a look. There was no way anyone could be certain of anything anymore, not after everything we've all been through. This is just our first break through.

"Most likely, yes," Stiles corrected himself, sort of.

"So, you've got a story to back this up then," Stilinski crossed his arms, waiting for the story that would never become, because, quite frankly, we didn't have one.

We were sort of going on a hunch here.

"She might be helping the Benefactor," Lydia stated, hoping that would somewhat help in convincing the sheriff.

"Or is the Benefactor," I said quietly. Stiles nodded at me, as if approving my answer, before we all turned to await the sheriff's answer.

"Sounds like a story worth hearing," he finally said and I felt my mouth drop open, watching as he closed the door to his office. I did not expect him to believe that weak and crazy idea, but then again, everything's crazy in this town.

My eyes narrowed slightly as I watched a Deputy behind his laptop. He was glancing around worriedly as he typed onto his keypad, and something just didn't sit right with him. Without an explanation, I slipped out of the office and towards the Deputy.

"Uh, can I help you?" He asked, and with my Witch senses heightened with anxiety, I could hear his heartbeat rise.

He was nervous.

"What's on your laptop?" I demanded, thinking it couldn't be good.

"Anybody seen Parrish?" Sheriff Stilinski popped his head out before the Deputy could answer me. "Haigh?"

The Deputy -- Haigh -- shrugged, trying to act nonchalant, but it doesn't fool me. "Haven't seen him."

"What do you do?" I seethed, and yet again, before I could answer, both our heads snapped towards the entrance. There stood Deputy Parrish, bare and unclothed, looking like he had just walked through a fire.

In this town though, he probably did.

Haigh looked incredibly scared as he stared wide-eyed at his fellow deputy. "Holy shi--" he stuttered, reaching for his gun. He barely had time to react before Parrish had him pinned against the wall, knocking the gun straight from his hands. "Y-you're dead."

Obviously, he isn't, I thought as I slowly crept backwards. When I felt my back against the sheriff's office, I knocked on the glass, trying to get their attention. Sheriff Stilinski barged out with a gun in his hand, while Parrish continued to punch the the crap out of Haigh. There was no doubt in my mind that Haigh had done this to Parrish, but what I couldn't understand was how he survived all those burns -- it must've had something to do with the guy's unknown powers and the reason as to why he's on the dead pool, just like us.

As Parrish continuously smashed the deputy's face in, I snuck around to his laptop to see what he had been hiding. It seemed he had been contacting the Benefactor just before I walked out to him, and he had just received an answer. Too bad he won't be alive to see it.