twenty | undo

He turns to me and smirks, noticing how I am purposefully trying to stay away from his half naked body.

I know myself well enough to say that a body like his would undoubtedly get me heated up, and the wine doesn't help.

I'm not a fool, I won't try and convince myself that I'm not slightly attracted to him, but it doesn't mean I am going to act on it.

Who wouldn't be attracted to a guy with the perfect body, the most captivating smile and the sweetest personality? I'm still human.

"Scared you won't be able to control yourself around me, darling?" he teases.

"Yeah," I admit. There is no point hiding it. It's not like physical attraction really means anything, emotional attraction is where we would have a problem.

He looks shocked that I admitted it, but the shock fades into a mischievous smile. He slowly shifts towards me until he can't get any closer, and throws an arm over my shoulder.

"I'm all yours," he whispers and unpauses the show.

I wish I didn't have emotions. Of course killing the guy who used to be my best friend is not going to be easy. I wish I hated him.

I finish my second glass of wine, before asking, "Did you sleep with a married woman?"

Elijah's head whips in my direction. He scrambles to pause the show. "What? Who told you that?"

"Uh, I overheard some people in class. Is it true?" I lie.

"Yeah, it's true," he says remorsefully. "I didn't know she was married. She was hot. I thought she was younger than she was. I only found out she was married the next day, when her husband walked into the room and caught us together."

He is looking at me, waiting for me to say something, but I'm just staring at the sex scene that is paused on the T.V.

"Wow," I mumble.

"Yeah, I'm sorry. I really wish I didn't do that," he says.

I look up at him with a frown. "Why are you sorry?"

"I don't know. I guess I don't want you to think less of me. My parents took Kasey to England and left me here. I was completely alone so I ended up partying and messing around to fill that void. I guess everybody does things that they wish they could undo."

I stay silent. There is definitely a lot that I wish I could undo, and it haunts me every single day.

"But my biggest mistake was losing you," he adds.

"You make it sound like we were in love," I say.

He lets out a hallow, humourless laugh. "It was more than love, Bree. You were everything to me. You were there for everything important in my life. You stopped me from falling apart."

Suddenly, I climb onto his lap and hug him, wrapping my arms tightly around him. He hugs me back and nuzzles his face into the crook of my neck.

"You haven't lost me. I'm still here," I tell him. "I'm so sorry that your parents took Kasey to England and left you alone. I didn't know."

Kasey is Elijah's little sister. The last time I saw her, she was three, which means she would be around seven or eight years old now. I was actually there when she was born.

"They're so f*cking ridiculous. They retired and moved to England, and now they expect me to pay them." His arms tighten around me.

"What?" I pull away slightly to look into his eyes. "Are you...? Paying them, I mean."

He nods. "Yeah, of course. For Kasey."

"Maybe I can help. I mean, is there anything you need?" I offer. I have money that I don't need, maybe I can help him out or something. I do give to charity, too, but I still have enough to help Elijah's sister. She was also like a sister to me.

He smiles and flips us around so that he is on top of me, between my legs. "There's only one thing I need," he whispers.

"What would that be?"

He glances down at my lips, not really needing to answer.

I shouldn't want this.

My plan for tonight was to stay in his room and, when he is sleeping, slip a pill into his mouth and poison him. I don't know what poison it is, but I've used it before and it works. It's fast and painless.

After I poison him, I can call the cops and pretend I found him like that. They'll question me, but the little blue pill is untraceable so there is no proof. It shouldn't be too hard, I just need to stay focused and get—

My mind goes completely blank when I feel Elijah's lips on mine. He kisses me slowly and my heart starts to race. His lips are softer than I could have imagined. All I can feel is electricity in my veins, and it makes me want more.

I pull him closer, sliding my hands into his hair and tugging, which causes him to moan against my lips. I don't want this to end but I know I shouldn't be doing this.

I pull away from the kiss before it can get any more intense. "I'm sorry," he says breathlessly. "I mean, I'm not really sorry because that kiss was amazing. I have wanted to do that since our kiss in the coffee shop and if I didn't, I would have regretted it for the rest of my life." The rest of his life... "But I know that—"

I shove him off me. He lands on the floor and knocks his head. He groans in pain and I climb off the bed, stepping over his body. I run to the bathroom and shut the door.

I should feel bad that I hurt him when I pushed him, but what I am going to do tonight is way worse.

•<•>•

OH SHEEEEEET :)

Random question but what's your favorite food?

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylaawrites
Y o u t u b e : xThePineappleGirlx

Lots of love and jelly tots - xThePineappleGirlx