030. the tournament

› CHAPTER THIRTY ‹

› CHAPTER THIRTY ‹

Not too long after Loki left Raleigh in his studio apartment, he had moved from the ottoman and curled up on the overly white modern couch. He was both mentally and physically exhausted after having been put through what he considered hell. He expected for a nights rest to help rejuvenate him, but when he woke up that next morning, his body ached and he was almost too weak to move.

Big ugly blue bruises marked his skin and his stomach twisted uncomfortably. His throat burned and he wasn't sure if it was from his yelling or from throwing up after landing in Sakaar. Either way, he let out a scratchy cough, only making him raise his hand to his throat in the hope to calm the excruciating pain. His fingers brushed where the electric pin was attached and felt a bundle of small bumps where blisters had already formed.

"Water?"

Raleigh shot his head up seeing Loki standing just in front of him holding a glass filled with a clear liquid. The boy immediately narrowed his eyes on the man, both suspicious by his readiness to help and annoyed from the caused actions yesterday.

He winced and bit back a cry as he pushed himself into a sitting position. 

"Are you sure it's water?" He shot back at the man, who gave Raleigh an impatient glare. "I don't want to die on an alien planet."

"It's water." Loki rolled his eyes and Raleigh could detect the annoyance plastered in them. "You're going to have to drink whether you like it or not if you don't wish to perish."

The two stared at one another, distrust and irritation seething in the pair of eyes. Eventually, Raleigh took the glass from his biological father and examined it. It looked exactly like water, but he still couldn't be sure. He raised it to his nose and sniffed it, finding no odd smells. Uncertainly, he peered over the glass at Loki before cautiously sipping at the liquid.

The burning in his throat intensified when he took the first few sips of the liquid, but eventually, the liquid cooled the pain and helped him relax a little. When the glass emptied, he handed it back to Loki.

"I'm not saying this in hopes to upset you," Loki started as he moved to a tray on a counter behind him, "but not too long from now we have to leave for the championship tournament."

"I'm not going." Raleigh glared at the back of Loki and the man appeared to sense it as his body stiffened and he turned around with the same impatient look.

"It's required to attend." Loki countered and Raleigh crossed his arms and leaned into the back of the couch. The older male groaned and ran his hands down his stressed face.

Petty, Raleigh smirked at the reaction and swayed to his feet. He kept a hand on the rough couch to test his balance, before deciding he was good. He limped over closer to the other ravenet. 

"Okay." Raleigh said and Loki lowered his hands and watched the teenager with skepticism. The boy cocked his head up at the God of Mischief and Lies and made sure his green eyes were focused on his blue ones before speaking. "I'll go, but if something happens to Thor, I'll make sure that falls back on you."