19~ I'm Fine, Save Me

"Pull over Jungkook! You're hurt," I tugged at his uninjured arm.

"Let go of me, it's fine," Jungkook batted my hands away. "We'll treat it in the next town. We need to just ensure no one is going to follow us and catch us."

I looked closely at Jungkook's aura and face. He was in more pain than he was letting on. Something deep in me twisted a little at the revelation. As we continued driving on the blood kept spreading on his sleeve, meaning the injury still hadn't clotted. The pink flush on his cheeks from the car chase was now draining and leaving a sickly pale color behind.

"Will you stop staring at me?" Jungkook finally broke the silence, his voice a little breathy.

"Were you shot?"

"I don't think so," he blinked several times as if trying to focus clearly on the road ahead. "Just... the window explosion next to me I think buried some glass in my arm."

"Pull over, I'm telling you," I sat up straight. "We need to treat it."

"The next town is only twenty minutes away, I'm fine."

"You're driving in the wrong lane!" I yelled as the car indeed was drifting into the wrong lane. "No you are not fine."

"Oh," Jungkook frowned, trying to correct the wheel.

The car went swerving too far to the other side and was about to go off the road entirely.

"If you're not going to treat it at least let me drive," my hand instinctively flew up to the wheel and brought the car back in the center of the lane.

"Have you driven before?"

"Yes," I replied confidently.

Even blood-loss Jungkook wasn't entirely out of it yet. "When was the last time? And what type of car was it?"

"I know where the gas and the brakes are and I know how to control the wheel," I danced around the answer. "Now let me drive."

Jungkook finally slowed the car down to a stop beside the road. Fields of green plants spread out from either side of the road and a refreshing breeze greeted me as I scrambled out of the car.

The maniacal driver took a little longer in getting around the car and he collapsed heavily into the passenger seat beside me. A few veins stuck out in his neck as he struggled to keep his breaths steady from the short travel around the car.

"Buckle up," I told him.

Instead he just closed his eyes and leaned his head heavily on the side of the car.

He wasn't close to death. Or else his aura would be pale. But he certainly wasn't in good shape whatsoever.

I hit the gas pedal and my stomach leapt up in my throat as the car lurched forward. Yeah, uh, the last time I drove was in 1934. Heck yeah this girl learned stick shift. So it took a bit for me to adjust to the fact that this car could accelerate and decelerate quickly without any need for a stick shift.

At one point, when the smaller town appeared ahead, I began slowing down, instinctively reaching over to grab the non-existent stick. Instead I grabbed Jungkook's thigh on accident.

He barely flinched.

I, on the other hand, immediately blushed furiously and quickly removed my hand. Thank God he wasn't awake for that. He wouldn't have let me heard the end of.

"I'd prefer if you controlled yourself Agent Love, even when I might be unconscious," he murmured, words slurred, but understandable.

I internally groaned, wanting to hit my head against the wheel briefly. Great, he was awake apparently and basically fully functional.