full ride

melo

"Aye Melo, you tryna get something to eat before practice?" Armani spoke from the desk beside me.

"Yeah, Ion care," I answered back more focused on this phone more than anything. I been sitting here for about ten minutes tryna think of how to text Yasmin first, without sounded lame. I ain't ever texted a girl first before in my life.

"Yo, you been staring at the phone for  a good minute. You good?"

"Hold on, I'm tryna do something.."

"She got a name?" I turned to see him staring back at me with a knowing grin on his face.

"Classified." I shortly told him.

"So, Carolina really ain't enough huh?"

"She a hoe."

"Nigga, you the only one she fuck regularly." he laughed. And he wasn't lying. Everybody knew that.

"Still.. she just don't do it for me no more," I confessed with a shrug.

Honestly, it was never more than sex between us. She knew it and so did I. But it was just an assumption that we were 'together'. I didn't care enough to deny it and she liked the attention anyway.

"New girl go here?" he looked around the classroom.

"Nah, and that's the problem. Ion know what she wanna hear."

"All girls are the same. They just wanna hear they beautiful and that you gon treat them right." he shrugged.

"Nigga I know that. But how I'm suppose to start the conversation?"

"Just say, 'hey beautiful', or sum like that. You makin it harder than it need to be."

"You right."

melo : wassup beautiful

yasmin : uh who's this??

melo: dang how many niggas you
be giving your number to?

yasmin: oh this melo?

melo: yes ma'am

yasmin: ew don't call me
ma'am..

melo: right... yes bae

yasmin: 🤨

melo: lmao one day, but wyd

yasmin: i'm in english wbu

melo: no i meant like wyd after
school

yasmin: probably chilling with
some friends

melo: well i'm tryna chill with you.
can i pick you up?
seen at 2:47

Imma just assume her phone got eaten by a lion. Yasmin was real tricky. Just when I thought she was feelin a nigga, she gon do me like that.