2. Bruce

Peter swung around Queens, following his normal patrol schedule. Get out of school, do homework, swing around till dinner, eat, then patrol till 11. He would go to bed much later, but Mr. Stark just wasn't having that. He had already eaten, but it was only 9 so he had time. It had been an easy night, no big crimes. He had a good day, minimal taunting from Flash. It had been a good day, but now that was gonna change.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Karen, is anything going on right now?"

"Yes Peter, there is a mugging taking place a few blocks away. I will send you the coordinates."

"Thanks, Karen!"

Peter took off swinging, making it there quickly. He landed superhero style and smirked.

"Hello, Mr. Criminal! Did your mom ever teach you not to steal! If it's not yours, don't touch it!"

Peter webbed the guy up and turned to talk to the woman when he felt a surge of pain in his stomach. 

"Shit! What the fuck man!"

He webbed up the other guy and groaned in pain, glad the woman had already run off. 

"Okay Karen, call Mr. Stark."

"Sure thing Peter"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tony looked up from his work when he heard the famailar ringtone. He frowned and told Friday to put the call through.

"Heyyyy Mr. Stark!"

"Kid, what did you do."

"Woah, a bit cold aren't we? Anyway, there appears to be a stab wound, in my stomach. You got anything for that one?"

"Fuck. Peter really? Stay where you are. I'm coming to get you. Just stay awake."

Tony was calling a suit and telling Friday to have Dr. Banner prepare the med bay for a patient at the same time, well also trying to keep Peter talking and awake. 

As Tony flew, the same thought kept cycling through his head. 'what if I'm too late?' 

He stayed on the call with Peter, but he could tell the boy was slipping into unconsciousness. His replies slowly morphed from excited to tired and groggy. He swooped down the second Friday told him he had arrived. He found Peter easily and picked him up, careful of the wound as he flew back to the tower as fast as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Bruce got the request from Friday to set up the med bay, he didn't bother asking why. Knowing Tony, it could be anyway. Instead, he prepared what he could with the little information he had and waited. He watched as Tony ran in carrying none other than Spider-man. Tony pulled off the kids mask, revealing Peter. Bruce didn't ask questions, knowing he needed to focus on the stab wound in the kid's stomach. Luckily there was no internal damage, and he Bruce needed to do was disinfect and stitch the kid up. When he was done, his questions began.

"Peter is Spider-man!? He's only a kid Tony!"

"I know Bruce. I've tried stopping him. I've taken away the suit and grounded him. He doesn't listen. He wants to be a hero, and I can't stop him. I don't anybody can. Peter has heart. He doesn't let anyone stop him. What can I say, he is one hell of a kid."