Chapter 40

***PLEASE READ***

Hi angels!

Luc and Mia really need your help!!

You have until Monday to vote for Married to the Prince of Darkness for the Wattys 2015!

This year the Wattys voting is being held on twitter! In the past wattpad held voting on the website but this year it is being held exclusively on twitter. To vote all you have to do is share this story on twitter with the hashtag #MyWattysChoice

You can vote for however many stories you like, however many times you like- so go crazy if you want to.

Please show your support by voting and retweeting as many votes as you can!

-angeltwist

******

Within seconds of cursing the nurse I was up and off the bathroom floor. Luc and Nico barely had time to follow. I heard them behind me, calling my name as they clambered up from the bathroom floor. I didn't wait for them. I left them in the bathroom to slip and slide about in the glass and blood while I dealt with the nurse.

I ran through the bedroom and out into the corridor. I didn't care about Casper anymore, I didn't care about the priestesses or the fact I could see ghosts. Nothing seemed to matter because despite all my cautious care and efforts to never to reveal too much about what I could really see or do, I ultimately still ended up being on someone's hit list.

Furiously I ran down the corridor and began randomly opening doors. The corridor was long and there must have been at least twenty different doors the treatment room could be behind. In my head I knew I had to find the treatment room because I needed to find that nurse and ask her what the hell she had put in my blood bags and why.

I opened the first set of doors and discovered a series of dark and musty rooms that were being used to store furniture. The next door I opened revealed a tiny broom closet filled with cleaning products and tools. I shut the broom closet door and went to move onto the next set of doors. A cool wind rushed past me and I looked up to see Luc standing in front of me looking both angry and concerned.

"Mia, what are you doing?" Luc demanded.

"I am going to see the nurse." I replied trying to side step around him.

Luc blocked me and asked, "Why?"

I let out a hiss of frustration and took a step back, "Look, I know this is going to sound crazy but I need you to believe me- I think the nurse did something to those blood bags." I said.

Luc furrowed his eye brows and replied, "What do you mean?"

"I think she poisoned the blood." I explained.

Luc arched a cynical eyebrow and said, "Okay, and how exactly did you come to know this?"

"You wouldn't understand!" I snapped in frustration and tried to manoeuvre around Luc again.

This time Nico stopped me. He came past my left and stood in front of me, right next to Luc, creating a barrier between me and the next rooms. I wanted to scream at them both. Neither of them really knew about what had happened, and what was happening to me. They did not know about Celia or the endless proverbial hoops of fire I was being forced to jump through just to stay alive in their screwed up vampire world.

Nico very calmly took a step forward and said, "Mia, let's go back inside your room where it is safe and we can talk about this."

"Safe?" I laughed humourlessly, "Haven't you been listening to me? The nurse came into my room which was supposed to keep me safe and fed me poison! Don't you get it- nowhere for me is safe!"

Nico shot Luc an uneasy look and Luc exhaled a low groan and said to Nico, "Maybe we should get the doctor to sedate her."

I immediately took a step back and shook my head, "No, I am not lying. I swear to you Luc, the nurse is trying to poison me. I saw her taking a blue bottle from the medicine cabinet and inject it into the blood bags..."

"Please stop it Mia." Luc sighed irritably.

"I am telling the truth- the nurse poisoned those bags while I was sleeping then she fed it to me through the IV drip. Think about it Luc, that is why I kept trying to throw up when I first woke up." I said.

Luc squeezed his eyes shut and replied, "Stop it Mia-"

"Luc, why won't you listen to me?" I yelled at him.

Luc lost his temper and shouted back, "Because you are talking crazy Mia and I don't know what to do!"

I stopped.

He was right, I did sound crazy. Ten minutes ago I had been lying next to him all calm and serene before all hell had broken loose in the bathroom. After that I was standing in the middle of the corridor covered from head to toe in blood as I ranted and raved about a nurse trying to poison me. I must look like a mad woman to him.

Weakly I replied, "Please Luc, I realize how this must appear to you but I swear to you I am not crazy."

Luc's face hardened and he crossed his arm over his chest and said, "Fine, then explain to me what happened between now and back when you were trapped in the bathroom. I want to understand what exactly happened back there. I want to know why you were screaming, and how you ended up losing all that blood and what all this has to do with the nurse and her poisoned blood bags."

I opened my mouth and immediately closed it. What could I say? I couldn't tell him the truth, and I couldn't tell him lie either. There was no way that I or anyone else could dream up a story that would somehow manage to logically and rationally explain what happened to me in the bathroom.

Luc saw my hesitation shook his head, "Fine. Have it your way," He said, "I will give you two choices Mia. You can either go back to your room on your own accord, or I will order Nico and the doctor to sedate you and drag you back to your room. Which is going to be?" He asked me.