Crazy

Blossom's POV

"Where were you?" my mother asked and she approached me.

"Mama, I'm so sorry. I..I.. I."

"Stop with the stuttering and speak up!" she bolted out.

I swallowed. "I was with my friend."

"So, Blossom, you're now your own woman to be disobeying me, lying to me and hanging out with guys."

"Mom, I'm sorry," I sincerely apologised. There were tears in my eyes and to my great surprise, my mother pulled me into her arms and comforted me.

"It's okay, baby. Maybe I'm being too hard on you. We've moved here to create a new life for ourselves and you're growing up to become a woman.
One day, whether I like it or not, you'll have a husband and kids."

We laughed together.

"But I want to meet him. Your friend. What was his name again?"

"Jevan," I answered.

"Okay. I want to meet this Jevan. Go rest now. I'll make us some dinner."

"I want to help with dinner, mama."

My mother and I went into the kitchen and started our dinner preparations.

_____________

On Monday, I couldn't wait to see Jevan's face but my excitement faded when memories from our last encounter together played over in my head.

"You're not my girlfriend.. girlfriend... girlfriend."

"Hey chicka, how was your weekend?" Sophia asked when she saw me.

"It was interesting," I answered, "Where's Nina?"

"She wouldn't be at school today. She's ill but she should be here tomorrow."

"Okay. Have you seen Jevan?"

"No. Is something wrong?"

"No. There's something I have to say to him."

"Well let's find him before the bell rings." Sophia took my hand and we made a beeline for the guys' locker room, which we weren't allowed to be. We stopped outside the door, scanning the area to avoid the coach and other teachers who might be around.

Connor appeared.

"Connor, where's Jevan?" Sophia quickly asked.

At the mention of his name, he appeared right next to Connor.

He looked too handsome with his hair slick back. All of his facial features were captivating, especially his grey eyes.

Sophia and Connor gave us some room and I stood like a pup in front of Jevan. I looked up with the 'I need you' eyes.

"What's good?" he asked, leaning against one of the lockers, "You shouldn't be here."

"I know, but I'm sorry about the way I lashed out on Saturday. I didn't give you a chance to explain and that was stupid of me."

He nodded in agreement.

"I'm sorry." I've been sorry an awful lot lately.

"There's just something about you, I really don't know what it is.. but I can't see myself being mad at you."

We embraced each other and I felt much better again. His touches were like magic, making every worries vanish from one's mind and body.

"What you wanted to tell me?" he asked as he released me from his arms.