Arc 3.1

Arc 3: How to survive in this world: Become a Heartthrob.

Shi Shen’s consciousness has just come back when almost immediately a big wooden sword swung vertically toward him. He reflexively blocked the attack with whatever he was holding but the attacker’s strength was obviously greater than him so he got pushed back for three steps only then could he stabilize himself.

Despite the exhaustion that he was having, he mustered all of his strength to push back his attacker then quickly retreated a few steps away from his original position.

Shi Shen finally had some time to take in his attacker's appearance. He was a man with large built, looking ferocious while wearing somewhat worn-out dark brown clothes. He had blonde hair and pale blue eyes, he was obviously a westerner.

Shi Shen’s eyes were full of vigilance since he didn’t know the actual situation yet. Even though the man’s face looked tough and stern, there was no killing intent or negative emotions so he concluded that he was not in a dire situation. In fact, when Shi Shen managed to block his move and even pushed him away, he saw that the man’s expression actually eased a little during that split second.

The reason he was guarding against him was because the strength that the man used against him was not something you should use on a child.

Shi Shen hasn’t received the original host’s memories yet but seeing his small hands that were holding the wooden sword, he figured that he was inside a child body.

All of a sudden, He Tian’s voice sounded,‘’Wait a bit, I will transfer the information to you.’’

In the next moment, Shi Shen’s eyes suddenly changed, when he spoke up there was a hint of anger in his voice,’’Dad! How could you use that much strength on me?!’’

Howth disdainfully sneered,’’Just that much and you actually whine? Are you even a man?’’

Shi Shen widened his eyes in disbelief, he retorted,’’I’m 10 years old!’’

‘’Humph! When I was at your age, I can already kill a shadow wolf by myself!’’

In return, the boy gave him a big eye roll,’’Yeah, yeah, a baby shadow wolf to be exact!’’

Howth angrily pointed his finger at his son,’’You! You were not even born yet, how can you know it was a baby?!’’

‘’That tiny weeny little toothpick tooth was from an adult shadow wolf? Please, don’t embarrass yourself, dad!’’

Howth was rendered speechless since it was really the truth but he didn’t want to expose himself so he pretended to be angry and quickly rushed to him to give him a beating.

Shi Shen’s playful eyes immediately changed as the corner of his lips slightly curved. Instead of pulling away, he faced him head on which caused Howth to be surprised. Taking advantage of this moment, Shi Shen instantly side stepped him then leisurely stuck out his left leg.

Howth obviously didn’t expect for him to do something like this so he got tripped.

That’s right, he got tripped by that little leg.

What angered him even more, was that a cheerful voice was soon heard from behind.

‘’I win and you lose, haha!’’

Howth hastily got up and glared at him,’’Is that how you fight?!’’

To his response, Shi Shen just shrugged his shoulders,’’Who said that you can only bring down your enemy with your sword?’’